ADVERTISEMENT

NU comes up short in Big Ten quarters...again

Great story, but disagree on this:

"Badgers made Boo beat them"

the other guys had a ton of open looks but missed. Boo had Mr yoga pants on him at the perimeter, and when Boo got by him, they collapsed on him.

Each of the other guys makes one additional shot each, we're in it.

Reactions: No Chores
I think you just made his point.
Perhaps I have long misunderstood the phrase. Like in a football sense, to make a QB beat you, it means you stack the box and force them to throw. So, In this case, I think it means guard the other guys closely and let Boo shoot (which is a bad strategy, but that how I interpret it. )

Perhaps I have long misunderstood the phrase. Like in a football sense, to make a QB beat you, it means you stack the box and force them to throw. So, In this case, I think it means guard the other guys closely and let Boo shoot (which is a bad strategy, but that how I interpret it. )
Except they did the opposite, the my absolutely bracketed Boo and let the other guys shoot and clank

Except they did the opposite, the my absolutely bracketed Boo and let the other guys shoot and clank
Agree. Matt and PPD say that it was correct to say:
Whereas I was saying the opposite, that they were doing everything to PREVENT Boo beating them

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
Agree. Matt and PPD say that it was correct to say:
Whereas I was saying the opposite, that they were doing everything to PREVENT Boo beating them
I agree with you

Committee may be less punitive of our loss to Wisc, otherwise they have to penalize Purdue as well.

I thought about this too. Would a Purdue win make us look better as one of only 3 to beat them or a Wisconsin win make our two single digit losses to them look better.

Committee may be less punitive of our loss to Wisc, otherwise they have to penalize Purdue as well.
Wisconsin is good and everybody that’s overly geared up on recency bias with them needs to calm down. Just like they weren’t actually a top 15 team like they climbed to early in the season, they aren’t a poor team like some people overreacted to late in the season. Losing to them was a disappointment, because I really was excited at our second crack at them and thought we’d get them, but no big deal.

Wisconsin is good and everybody that’s overly geared up on recency bias with them needs to calm down. Just like they weren’t actually a top 15 team like they climbed to early in the season, they aren’t a poor team like some people overreacted to late in the season. Losing to them was a disappointment, because I really was excited at our second crack at them and thought we’d get them, but no big deal.
They were playing terrible for a long stretch.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT