ADVERTISEMENT

LOI?

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
I believe the spring basketball Letter of Intent signing period starts today. Will be interesting to see if JJ signs.....

Reactions: IGNORE
Well, this is a bit concerning. No response from Lou. Nothing from NU. Nothing in twitter-verse. Nobody here seems to care. Great. How many open schollies left? I wonder if I have any eligibility left.

Well, this is a bit concerning. No response from Lou. Nothing from NU. Nothing in twitter-verse. Nobody here seems to care. Great. How many open schollies left? I wonder if I have any eligibility left.

I care. I read the update on the Rock, though.

Good, we can all start breathing again. I would think with the transfers the admissions department is going over their info, so that takes a little longer than other schools.

Plus, unlike other signing periods this one is a month long. Illinois' stud recruit is waiting for his mother to travel from Jamaica to be with him to sign, so clearly people are not rushing...

Good, we can all start breathing again. I would think with the transfers the admissions department is going over their info, so that takes a little longer than other schools.

the transfer market will be tough - i think we will see transfer role players with major minutes going to the young guys

Every signing has a tweet. Lou writes a story. So, what is different here.

I don’t think he has signed yet.

Bob: assuming you're a Rock subscriber now from the other post you made, you can find out there whether or not he sjgned his LOI yeaterday...

Last edited:
Well, now there is twitter evidence. Few oh Jone’s friends congratulating him on signing his NLI. So it’s done, he has signed.

I think many people are overly optimistic on the contributions of transfers. Help yes, saviors no.

I think most people see Javon Freeman and Moore as likely top 7-8 players on a solid squad if they decided to join NU. Beyond that the team needs bodies next year and 10-20 minute type guys while the young kids develop.

I think most people see Javon Freeman and Moore as likely top 7-8 players on a solid squad if they decided to join NU. Beyond that the team needs bodies next year and 10-20 minute type guys while the young kids develop.

I think Moore would be your best offensive weapon the minute he steps on campus. No idea about his defense. But he can score, especially since he won’t have anybody stealing touches or shots from him at NU.

I think there is still a question if either Moore of Freeman would be eligible next year.

Tip of the hat to Emanuel Dildy for reeling in Jared Jones....Jones' coach sites the relationship and good feelings they have for Dildy.....and also mentions Brian James.

I think many people are overly optimistic on the contributions of transfers. Help yes, saviors no.

Mooney was probably the best transfer in the country last year. And he was still the second or third best player on that team. Seemed like other high-profile transfers (Dotson on Kansas, Cremo on Villanova, Reid Travis on Kentucky) did not "live up to the hype". Certainly weren't the best players on their teams.

Jones was big especially waiting for spring - lots of the southeast was coming after him since he was unsigned.
Haywood any insight as to why Jones waited/was asked to wait to sign in the spring? Academic details that needed to be attended to? Just curious. Thanks.

Really rough that Jared Jones needed to add that underscore in his twitter handle.
The original JaredJones1 tweeted once, in 2011.

Haywood any insight as to why Jones waited/was asked to wait to sign in the spring? Academic details that needed to be attended to? Just curious. Thanks.
Think that it was already posted that he wanted to focus on his high school basketball season....

Jones was big especially waiting for spring - lots of the southeast was coming after him since he was unsigned.

Talk about a teaser. Now that he’s signed, can you share some examples of the schools that were going after JJ between when he committed to NU and when he signed?

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT