ADVERTISEMENT

Long

Now some genius is going to jump in and say, why didn't we give him the ball more?

I think my longest lasting memory of WML will be the block he leveled on the Vault return vs. Duke. The image of the Duke player barrel-rolling down the field is burned into my brain.
And let's not forget the 40-something run he produced to blow that game wide open.

I think my longest lasting memory of WML will be the block he leveled on the Vault return vs. Duke. The image of the Duke player barrel-rolling down the field is burned into my brain.
I imagine that the guy that got blocked has seen it a few hundred times in the film room, with howls of teammate laughter as a soundtrack

Now some genius is going to jump in and say, why didn't we give him the ball more?

Doesn't take a genius to ask that. Certainly, I would say in 3rd and short situations, it would make sense to put him in given his track record.

Doesn't take a genius to ask that. Certainly, I would say in 3rd and short situations, it would make sense to put him in given his track record.
On the other hand, the perfect efficiency suggests that they gave him the ball exactly the right amount of times. If you keep doing the same thing on every 3rd and short, then the defense will cheat that play.

Reactions: kreggk
On the other hand, the perfect efficiency suggests that they gave him the ball exactly the right amount of times. If you keep doing the same thing on every 3rd and short, then the defense will cheat that play.

Yeah, Not to take anything away from Long because I think he is great and I would like to see him get a few more carries but when you have JJ in the backfield the D is worrying about him and geared to stop him. Long provides a great change up.
It seems to me that the fact that he was never tackled for a loss all season is another indicator that he is an excellent option.

Yeah, Not to take anything away from Long because I think he is great and I would like to see him get a few more carries but when you have JJ in the backfield the D is worrying about him and geared to stop him. Long provides a great change up.
It seems to me that the fact that he was never tackled for a loss all season is another indicator that he is an excellent option.
Were Turk still around, this post would cause him to explode :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT