ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Game Thread: Northwestern vs. UConn

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
No. 9 Northwestern (22-12) plays No. 1 overall UConn (32-3) in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Barclays Center. The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:45 pm CT and will air on TruTV.

IevbaKl.gif

Not one panelist seems to smell any upset potential unless we play a perfect game. Kinda funny to see Chuck and Kenny talk about us though.

Ugh. Really needed a couple early buckets to calm the nerves.
I don't think it's nerves, I think its their bigs totally dominating ours on both ends. Ours cant keep track of their five slipping to the basket at all and our guards are all making nice passes into the paint that are getting either blocked or missed.

UConn taking away the 3, daring the Cats to attack the rim. Cats have had good looks go unconverted.

I don't think it's nerves, I think its their bigs totally dominating ours on both ends. Ours cant keep track of their five slipping to the basket at all and our guards are all making nice passes into the paint that are getting either blocked or missed.
Well the missed shots especially Boo's custom floater looked like nerves to me

Does any team miss more layups than we do?
Clingan has two blocks and at least two more altered. Rough.

Spencer is already credited with four assists.

This team will abuse Purdue if it comes to that.

Cats will have to light it up from outside.

Too many turnovers and missed shots. Can't stay close playing like this.

Someone might beat UConn in this tournament, but it will require UConn laying a total egg. They ain’t laying one tonight. They are amazing on both ends.

UConn just brutalizing our guys at will, when will the refs blow a whistle on them? Knocked Boo down, shoved Langborg almost out of bounds, shoved Brooks out of the way - from the living room, this is just crazy.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
This is starting to feel like when we played Illinois at home in 1999 and only scored six points in the first half. Specifically the way their D keeps getting hyped with every stop. We’ve gotta find a rhythm or we’re in big, big trouble

UConn shoved our players in the back on that rebound. The refs are letting everything go.
This is the difference in the tournament and why Purdue often struggles. They don’t call fouls every time someone breaths on Edey

Someone might beat UConn in this tournament, but it will require UConn laying a total egg. They ain’t laying one tonight. They are amazing on both ends.
Their defense is intense, that's for sure.

Hunger recovered from that early block and is playing better... but Clingan is reentering the game now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT