ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland game (College Park) moved to Friday night

dillonpgp

Feb 21, 2006
Friday, October 11 at 8/7 CT on FOX .

Also, please note in the complete FOX Friday night lineup night games (B10 included) continue after the end of DST (first Sat night in November). There is no longer a universal ban on B10 night games in mid/late November.

Friday, September 13
8:00 PM Arizona at K-State FOX

Friday, September 20
8:00 PM Illinois at Nebraska FOX

Friday, September 27
8:00 PM Washington at Rutgers FOX

Friday, October 4
9:00 PM Michigan St. at Oregon FOX

Friday, October 11
8:00 PM Northwestern at Maryland FOX

Friday, October 18
8:00 PM Oregon at Purdue FOX

Friday, October 25
11:00 PM Rutgers at USC FOX

Friday, November 8
9:00 PM Iowa at UCLA FOX

Friday, November 15
9:00 PM UCLA at Washington FOX

Friday, November 22
8:00 PM Purdue at Michigan St. FOX

Friday, November 29
8:00 PM Utah at UCF FOX

Friday, December 6
8:00 PM Mountain West Championship

Reactions: DaCat
If NU MUST play on a Friday, at least it's not a home game. Don't like the short week for the players tho

And...that is Yom Kippur (which starts at sundown Friday night and ends at sundown Saturday night).

Would've been nicer to move it to Thursday (or Saturday night after sundown), but I guess a lot of other schools are going to have the same problem (if you even want to call it that) that weekend.

The first victory in my years at NU came on Yom Kippur in 1990. My sophomore year.

And...that is Yom Kippur (which starts at sundown Friday night and ends at sundown Saturday night).

Would've been nicer to move it to Thursday (or Saturday night after sundown), but I guess a lot of other schools are going to have the same problem (if you even want to call it that) that weekend.

The first victory in my years at NU came on Yom Kippur in 1990. My sophomore year.
Is that really late for Yom Kippur?

Bo Schembechler had a Jewish strong safety who elected to suit up for the ‘79 Notre Dame game that was played on Yom Kippur.

As Michigan was about to take the field, Bo found Jeff Cohen and quietly told him to go out there and “win one for the Kippur”

Northwestern beat Wisconsin on Yom Kippur a number of years ago. It was one of those fans-on-the-field-after-the-game type of wins.

Last edited:

Just curious, doesn’t this happen every year?

It seems like it.

The Hebrew calendar is approximately 354 days every year (except leap years when you get a whole bonus month!). So that's why some holidays seem to come early and some feel late. Yom Kippur is always the same day on the Hebrew calendar, for what it's worth.
I think he means that if it ends at sundown on a fall Saturday, isn't it always in conflict with CFB?

I think he means that if it ends at sundown on a fall Saturday, isn't it always in conflict with CFB?
Not necessarily, it's just like any other holiday on a specific date and so the day of the week changes every year (i.e. 4th of July) - not always Saturday. And so yes, every time the holiday is Fri/Sat, it's an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT