ADVERTISEMENT

Meltdown on IU's Peegs message board...

The_Waterboy

May 29, 2001
My gawd the hubris of posters on the Who-Zit b-ball message board. NU Rivals board posters who call for the head(s) of 'Cat coaching staff members in both football and b-ball are Quaker-styled passivists compared to the rabid fan base trolls writing their doomsday drivel regarding the NU's "W" over Indy last night. Rants like "Crean is clueless", "Crean should be axed" or "Has Crean ever played the game of basketball" are standard thread post content. What arrogant azz-holes!!!

Without a doubt, Indy b-ball is an elite program in any power conference, the B1G or beyond. IU's support infrastructure for their b-ball program is second to none in all of NCAA Division 1A. Consequently, the delusional faction of the Who-Zit b-ball fan base with internet connectivity and a keyboard take their sense of b-ball success entitlement to the extreme when facing then losing to a perennial bottom feeder b-ball program like the 'Cats. The over-the-top negative reaction to NU's "W" against their beloved Who-Zits last night and this morning have been a total embarrassment - to themselves, to their program and to the university at large. Time to get some perspective folks... Your b-ball players are just 18-20 yr old athletes with all the fallibility and mercurial on-the-court production/success that comes with an "unfinished product." Is there room for improvement... surely. But to trash the IU players and especially the coaching staff that has mentored the team to a highly respectable 19-10 record is absolutely absurd. Also... give credit where credit is due - to the NU players and coaching staff who made the appropriate game plan adjustments and gave the required effort to compete in game against an elite b-ball team and capture the "W" flag. But I guess that kind of pragmatism is just wishful thinking on my part.

Who-Zit BB Meltdown on Peegs

Indy has a huge gaping whole at Center. The problem is that their coach is a great recruiter. Zeller would b a senior if he didnt become a nba star, and that other stud left as well.

Go read the Purdue board. I was expecting to read mostly about their tourney chances, but I found nothing on the latest bracketology, etc. Instead, the whole board is littered with posts about IU. That's an unhealthy obsession.

Peegs is high quality entertainment.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT