ADVERTISEMENT

Men's golf, past and present

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
The team is currently in 4th place going into the last round of the B1G Championships just 4 strokes off of 2nd place and 11 off the lead-- remarkable considering what they've lost this year.

David Lipsky had a 2nd place finish on the European Tour this weekend against some top competition and Sam Chien was the winner of the PGA Tour China Series event. Sam was a solid college golfer but I must say I never thought he had the game to win at this level. Congrats to NU golf!!

4th place finish for the cats. Jack Perry individual 3rd. Now it's on to the NCAAs for both the men and the women.

Lengthy interview with Sam on Sirius golf channel last night. His success a true indicator of depth of the program. He not only won the latest event, but leads that Tour's order of merit. Congrats, Sam!

Originally posted by Smolmania:
Lengthy interview with Sam on Sirius golf channel last night. His success a true indicator of depth of the program. He not only won the latest event, but leads that Tour's order of merit. Congrats, Sam!
Yes, and the top 5 at the end of the season get full tour cards to the web.com tour. That would be fantastic for Sam!

Sam did well again this week (finished 9th), and he continues to lead the China PGA Order of Merit.

Originally posted by wrestlerone:
Sam was always tough! How is Eric Chen doing?
I assume you mean Eric Chun? He's doing well. He's about to serve his obligatory time in the Korean military. I believe that starts for him in the fall if I remember correctly what he told me. Not sure what he plans are after that. Eric is a great young man and whether it's golf or something else I know he will be a success and do good in the world. One of the highlights of my son's golf "life" was caddying for Eric at the Illinois Open just after Eric played at the British Open at St Andrews. My son felt like a king.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT