ADVERTISEMENT

Meritocracy for the Fighting Lovie's?

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Cordell Littlejohn a comitted QB recruit from Georgia for the Fighting Lovie's just had his offer pulled. Couldn't be that they had 3 QB recruits in the class could it? Anyway he is pissed and claims it was just pulled for no reason. Wish I knew how to copy a tweet, but it's a good read.

Cordell Littlejohn a comitted QB recruit from Georgia for the Fighting Lovie's just had his offer pulled. Couldn't be that they had 3 QB recruits in the class could it? Anyway he is pissed and claims it was just pulled for no reason. Wish I knew how to copy a tweet, but it's a good read.

Take that Tulane offer! A great opportunity for mobile QB to make some noise in that offense. Their QB Banks has one more year of eligibility. I wanted Tulane beat Army this weekend. Tulane offense really moved the ball.

"My scholarship was just took away." Hopefully just a spellcheck error. Otherwise not exactly how you want to present yourself in an invite to prospectives.

Reactions: hdhntr1
My scholarship was just took away." Hopefully just a spellcheck error. Otherwise not exactly how you want to present yourself in an invite to prospectives.
Dont forget the South has its own regional grammar rules. I remember my cousins in southern Illinois would always say "We beat." instead of "we won"

"My scholarship was just took away." Hopefully just a spellcheck error. Otherwise not exactly how you want to present yourself in an invite to prospectives.

Allegedly, the offer wasn't pulled for his academics. Now Lovie did have JC recruit last year that at one time was a 4 star at Virginia Tech. He didn't qualify this time around. Maybe they got word he will make through admissions now and don't want 4 new QB's coming through.

Our admission process sometimes gets ripped as being late to the game with offers to recruits that would eventually qualify, but we don't have this kind of BS shenanigans.

While it's a fine school and tough to get in for ordinary students, Illini standards for athletes have always been very "flexible." I think they have a remedial bridge program to service what would have been non-qualifiers back in the day. They can go after more CPS kids as a result. That has helped them, especially in basketball. I'm surprised the Va Tech transfer didn't qualify. He would have been a big upgrade at QB, which they currently need.

I feel bad for Cordel. I chose NU over U of I out of HS. Despite all the state budget crises and UI's downgrade in rankings, UofI is still is a really good school academically. One of the best in the BIG. It really is sad to see Lovie playing Michigan games with young kids' futures. I am willing to bet these shenanigans will come back to haunt them eventually. Karma will have Cordel leading Tulane to a bowl win some day over the Illini.

Catch the excitement of Illinois Football!
350ea612dba9afbaaa139ad542a661ed

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-illinois-football-commit-cordel-162244744.html

I feel bad for Cordel. I chose NU over U of I out of HS. Despite all the state budget crises and UI's downgrade in rankings, UofI is still is a really good school academically. One of the best in the BIG. It really is sad to see Lovie playing Michigan games with young kids' futures. I am willing to bet these shenanigans will come back to haunt them eventually. Karma will have Cordel leading Tulane to a bowl win some day over the Illini.
You envision the Illini making a bowl appearance in the next 5 years?

Maybe not? They usually eke out a 6 win season once a decade or so. The Illini might get better once all their underclassmen get more experience. I hope they beat Nebraska Friday nite at least.

Nebby is a lost little football team right now. The Illini actually have a decent shot if their OL can put together any effort at all (sound familiar?).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT