ADVERTISEMENT

Met the freshmen last night ...

Kat burglar

Sep 5, 2017
So we went to the game, sat in section 204, great seats, love the game, leave, get in the car, drop the key in between the seat and center console on an MDX. My wife reaches down and the key goes under the console and we can't find it.

After an hour (we live 40 mins away and it was the one time my wife did not bring her purse with her keys) I have the side inserts to the center console off and the back cover off and we still cannot get at the key, it is wedged near the back and can't reach it. A guy walks by and asks if we need help. We tell him about the key and he says let me take a look. So while he is looking we talk to his wife. He goes to his truck to get some tools and his son arrives. Pete Nance. Ha!

So Larry Nance and I are trying to get at the keys and another guy comes over to help. Then two other young men come over. Turns out it was Greer and Kopp and maybe Greer's (?) parents?

Finally use Nance's screwdriver to push the key close enough to the front of the console to reach it and start the car. All is right with the world again.

Have to say, Larry Nance and his wife are the absolute nicest people you could meet. So were the Greers (or could have been the Kopps, not sure).

So glad to have their sons on the team!

Nice story. Seem like genuinely nice people and I’m excited about the future of NU hoops with these guys in the mix

Reactions: LansingCat
So we went to the game, sat in section 204, great seats, love the game, leave, get in the car, drop the key in between the seat and center console on an MDX. My wife reaches down and the key goes under the console and we can't find it.

After an hour (we live 40 mins away and it was the one time my wife did not bring her purse with her keys) I have the side inserts to the center console off and the back cover off and we still cannot get at the key, it is wedged near the back and can't reach it. A guy walks by and asks if we need help. We tell him about the key and he says let me take a look. So while he is looking we talk to his wife. He goes to his truck to get some tools and his son arrives. Pete Nance. Ha!

So Larry Nance and I are trying to get at the keys and another guy comes over to help. Then two other young men come over. Turns out it was Greer and Kopp and maybe Greer's (?) parents?

Finally use Nance's screwdriver to push the key close enough to the front of the console to reach it and start the car. All is right with the world again.

Have to say, Larry Nance and his wife are the absolute nicest people you could meet. So were the Greers (or could have been the Kopps, not sure).

So glad to have their sons on the team!
They always said Nance had all the tools when he played!

OK..... I am ashamed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT