ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan suspends their best player

PurpleWhiteBoy

Feb 25, 2021
Dug McDaniel was officially suspended on Wednesday for the Wolverines next 6 road games.

"We have very high standards within our program, culture and university," coach Juwan Howard said in a statement.

"Beginning with our game at Maryland, Dug McDaniel will not travel to road games until further notice. Dug will dress for home games, however, when we are away from Ann Arbor, he will work towards meeting several academic goals he has set and needs to meet."

McDaniel is their best player. Without him, they lost at Maryland 64-57 on Thursday. The 6th road game is at Northwestern.

Reactions: NJcatsfan
I can dig it.

I wonder what the suspension would've been if Michigan were any good this year. Probably not six games.

Whatever is happening, I hope he gets his act together.

He’s not suspended for home games. Suggests it’s purely academic. They must have some standards as they rejected Caleb Love last summer and the Evanston kid who transferred from Purdue a couple of years ago.
Its definitely academics. So credit to the university for enforcing their rules.

Reactions: ricko654321
I wonder what the suspension would've been if Michigan were any good this year. Probably not six games.
My first thought when I saw the news.

I suspect Dug would be treated differently if their season wasn't already in the crapper by Michigan standards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT