ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee terrible - Baldwin Jr. a bust ?

Connor McCaffrey never had the expectations on him that PBJ did/does. Different situations.
Correct, that's what I just said. I was responding to GOUNU's suggestion that it's often a bad idea to play for your father, especially on a bad team. Sometimes it works out well and sometimes it doesn't.

NBA draft prognositcators continue to evaluate him as the 11th pick in next years draft if he goes pro after this season. Did anyone see that star/fellow on Udetroit-mercy's team play vs milwaukee? He looked like a first round nba pick himself...?? It was like he made every shot he attempted. Our former point guard recruit for mil looked very pedestrian and not so good. Not sure if he would have helped our cause if his admission wasn't denied
So what are they smoking? Either it is the injury or he is overated and to be a first round pick I would think that they would at least like to see that he is and can stay healthy AND the player they think he is and I would think both would require at least another year in college

The kid is an official bust, and Sr. ain’t much better as a coach. Jr. went 3 for 11 for 8 points against Northern Kentucky (not Kentucky or even Western Kentucky). Sr has been a bust at UW-Mil and stands at 54-88 against light competition. It’s too bad but PBJ is a fraud and there’s a reason be ducked the Big Ten and ACC. Now he has a real problem because everyone knows he can’t do it against Horizon league competition. Poor man’s Pete Nance.
He has not been healthy. As far as his father, all indications were that as an assistant he was pretty good so you can say as a HC, he does not have it. Probably still makes a fine assistant, just does not have what he needs to be HC. He got his shot because when he was the top assistant, we did well. I would not mind seeing him back in that role for NU

Correct, that's what I just said. I was responding to GOUNU's suggestion that it's often a bad idea to play for your father, especially on a bad team. Sometimes it works out well and sometimes it doesn't.
But Iowa has not been a bad team

A scouting report posted today that rates Baldwin as the #26 prospect.

The first paragraph of the weaknesses section is pretty damning:
“Complete ball-stopper who takes far too many shots outside of the system, including heavily contested jumpers early in the shot clock. In no way did he make his teammates better. Baldwin played for his father, who was fired following the season, and he got the type of usage you would expect.“

His upside is all around length and shooting ability.

The NCAA tournament tends to have some guys rocket up boards, and #26 is far from a sure thing. He’s got to be considering a return to college to move back up into the lottery.

I hope the Cats have made some inquiries.

• Wow
Reactions: CatManTrue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT