ADVERTISEMENT

Miranda

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
Supposedly, NU made the final 7. I just watched his tape for the first time - very impressive. I hope he can tell the difference between Fitz's sincere interest in his players' futures and Franklin's BS. He'd look great in purple.

I love Miranda's potential. I am hopeful but not necessarily optimistic. I think his choice will come down to NU, Pitt and Penn State.

I love Miranda's potential. I am hopeful but not necessarily optimistic. I think his choice will come down to NU, Pitt and Penn State.

Here's to hoping Wiederkehr commits this weekend, giving the coaches to offer what I would guess is the last 2017 OL spot to Andries, Miranda, and possibly Tyler Beach (who's scheduled for an overnight April 8-9) on a "first come, first served" basis. I've largely written off Joel Honigford and Walker Little.

I happen to think Andries, Miranda, or Beach would be a "best available" type take down the road, but always good to fill up your preliminary spots early on.

I agree Corbi. NU Pitt or PSU seem like the most logical choices for Miranda. I am not as pessimistic as GCG03 regarding Honigford. He's an automatic to OSU if they offer. Otherwise, MSU is right there and should be viewed as at or near the top. I don't see him going to Oklahoma or Auburn. Or UNC or W.Va. PSU would be right there with MSU if their OL coach had not bolted for Auburn. I view his recruitment as one where the longer it lasts the better NU's chances are. We're not at the top, but my sense is we are genuinely in the mix. Expect to have a much clearer picture in a couple of weeks after he has again visited MSU and OSU. Wiederkehr still puzzles me. Can someone explain why he is an early, priority recruit for the Cats? I trust there is good reason for it. We have no chance with Little. He will end up at Ole Miss, Texas or Stanford ... possibly Alabama.

GOUNUII

I agree Corbi. NU Pitt or PSU seem like the most logical choices for Miranda. I am not as pessimistic as GCG03 regarding Honigford. He's an automatic to OSU if they offer. Otherwise, MSU is right there and should be viewed as at or near the top. I don't see him going to Oklahoma or Auburn. Or UNC or W.Va. PSU would be right there with MSU if their OL coach had not bolted for Auburn. I view his recruitment as one where the longer it lasts the better NU's chances are. We're not at the top, but my sense is we are genuinely in the mix. Expect to have a much clearer picture in a couple of weeks after he has again visited MSU and OSU. Wiederkehr still puzzles me. Can someone explain why he is an early, priority recruit for the Cats? I trust there is good reason for it. We have no chance with Little. He will end up at Ole Miss, Texas or Stanford ... possibly Alabama.

GOUNUII

Wiededkehr is a big, athletic kid who the coaches must have with a significant physical projection. Could end up at a number of positions depending on his development. And it's not like we are his only P5 offer -- he's got BC, UCONN, Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, and Wake Forest.

GOUNUII

I don't know much about breaking down OL tape, but I know our staff does. We have consistently been on a leader in offering the OL's like Andries, Honigord, and Miranda BEFORE they blew up. Tells me they are on the ball this cycle. Wiederkehr has NFL bloodlines. If we get him that would give us two OL this class that had fathers that played in the league. That should be a good thing. I would be thrilled to land two of the Andries, Honigord, Miranda, and Wiederkehr crew. We have a slew of good RB's and young QB that I think we continue to improve, get of these horses and the future looks good on O.

If Miranda commits to NU his nic name will be either Carmen or Warning!!

My wife's name is Miranda, so it would be cool to see an NU jersey with her name on it. Of course, I could always buy a blank one and add the name myself...

My wife's name is Miranda, so it would be cool to see an NU jersey with her name on it. Of course, I could always buy a blank one and add the name myself...
Or she could get one of her own as a walk-on. Good to see that your back in Houston.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT