ADVERTISEMENT

MN status

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
So - any thoughts on what happened? And what his downtime will be?

More Northwestern luck. We just can't catch breaks with this basketball program.

It looked more like his ankle turned on a funny step
That’s what I thought. Big dude rolled his ankle and big dude ankles swell up fast, and NU didn’t want to push him too hard given the relatively safe postseason status.

From what I saw he went down around mid court with no contact. My one hope is he got off and limped off fairly well on his own.

He seemed to clip his foot on his other leg and so then came down on the side of that foot. The question is how much damage that did since it looked like his full weight came down on it.

I’m fearing this is an Achilles. Pretty sure Persa was able to limp off as well. I’m just praying he’s ok. We gotta grind out one more win to punch our ticket. We are not in yet. Don’t think we are. The Chicago State trash still lingers. Let’s all try and keep our heads up. We can still do this 💪

Reactions: clarificationcat
I’m fearing this is an Achilles. Pretty sure Persa was able to limp off as well. I’m just praying he’s ok. We gotta grind out one more win to punch our ticket. We are not in yet. Don’t think we are. The Chicago State trash still lingers. Let’s all try and keep our heads up. We can still do this 💪
If it’s Achilles, what’s the recovery time? Does he make it back next season?

He didn’t return to the bench and I didn’t see him at all the rest of the game. That isn’t ideal.

No mention of Achilles, sounds like foot or ankle. Langborg might be ready for MSU, according to the Iowa post-game comments.

You could see on tv he rolled his right foot to the right. Big body, and lots of weight on that bent foot. I’m no doc but risk saying 90% chance it’s a sprained ankle. How sprained? Hopefully back by at least MN.

Reactions: drewjin
He didn’t return to the bench and I didn’t see him at all the rest of the game. That isn’t ideal.
Hopefully its a sprain and given we're at an intense point in the season, they decided to do some imaging, ice it up in locker room and keep it elevated in order to improve prospects for a fast recovery - rather than expect him to walk back out. Got no idea, but really really really hope that's the case.

Reactions: Pete Purple
Aaron Rodgers just came back from one aftee 3 months. He would have played at the end of the season had the Jets been in the playoff hunt.
W7H5uzQ.gif

You could see on tv he rolled his right foot to the right. Big body, and lots of weight on that bent foot. I’m no doc but risk saying 90% chance it’s a sprained ankle. How sprained? Hopefully back by at least MN.
It differs for each person. I sprained my ankle often when I was young and would be back the next day, for others it can take a while.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Well, if we had to take injuries (assumin Lang returns), these were the only two positions of strength. Two pretty good SGs and two pretty good Cs w a third behind them.

Hunger has shown a higher O ceiling but not really shined on D. He’s a whiner. But, no need for three Cs until we meet Purdue again and we have founded hidden gold in Blake Smith.

We need to not take anymore injuries and get Langborg healthy. This team can still win some games. Need to shore up the D, keep Boo (that wrist injury scare anyone…) healthy and let Boo, BB and Mart lead the O.

Terrible news for us, and feel really bad for big Matt. Is it official? I wish we had been able to cloak this news until warmups for our next game - would have made scouting/game planning less productive for the other guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT