ADVERTISEMENT

Multi DBs to portal

Bob, is going to have to dumb it down for this non-NU alum/lawyer. I have no idea what he is trying g to say. Transferring because they are fearful of testifying? I’m lost, maybe a young Buck like CMT can clarify.
I think he meant to refer to Macpherson who coached our DBs, and not Coach Bates who used to coach our LBs.

i’ll have to work my way through the rest of the thread to confirm.

Reactions: IGNORE2
You all completely missed the point. They are leaving because they want an NIL bag. Duh. They got their degrees and played well for us in one of the most fun seasons ever. We wish them well.
An NIL bag, a home stadium, and a fresh start for their final season(s) must be compelling for those transferring.

Mueller staying is interesting. He must enjoy playing for McGarigle and Braun.

In the era of NIL and annual 20% roster turnover, transfers out aren’t a cause for concern or an indication of culture issues in the locker room. They’re just the cost of doing business. Even more so for grad transfers.

Recalibrate your expectations to the new norm. Very few transfers in or our will really make that big of a difference unless they’re all conference caliber or a good starting QB.

Reactions: mountaindrew
An NIL bag, a home stadium, and a fresh start for their final season(s) must be compelling for those transferring.

Mueller staying is interesting. He must enjoy playing for McGarigle and Braun.

Hollis and Joseph also both have their NU degrees. While still not ideal from a football perspective, that makes it a little harder for me to feel ill will towards the guys.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Hollis and Joseph also both have their NU degrees. While still not ideal from a football perspective, that makes it a little harder for me to feel ill will towards the guys.
Who said ill will? It’s not like Priebe and his little whiney bitch out of town. Agreed it’s not the best for NUFB and if it proves to solely be for a chance to play somewhere better, they definitely contributed.

I’m simpLu wondering out loud if it might be something more.

Who said ill will? It’s not like Priebe and his little whiney bitch out of town. Agreed it’s not the best for NUFB and if it proves to solely be for a chance to play somewhere better, they definitely contributed.

It isn’t. Mostly NIL-driven.

It isn’t. Mostly NIL-driven.
WVU for both Joseph and Hollis. They have a couple pretty good safeties and some talent in the CB room. WVU supposed to be possibly hood next season. Imagine both guys got big NIL and starting position guarantees since I don’t think either are from WV and WVU definitely doesn’t offer better academics.

WVU for both Joseph and Hollis. They have a couple pretty good safeties and some talent in the CB room. WVU supposed to be possibly hood next season. Imagine both guys got big NIL and starting position guarantees since I don’t think either are from WV and WVU definitely doesn’t offer better academics.

Like I said, mostly NIL-driven.

Reactions: epicbret

Please stop insulting Priebe. He was a warrior for us and left when his position coach did. I’ll cheer for him to do well.

Who said ill will? It’s not like Priebe and his little whiney bitch out of town.
Was it something I missed? Without needing to characterize him further, can you say if he posted Miller Kopp-like social media slams against NU?

Is Priebe the whiny bitch or does that describe a companion of his? A sincere question.

Otherwise I gather he was a very good student and an on-field contributor as well. If he left NU's program ungraciously, however, that's another matter.

Was it something I missed? Without needing to characterize him further, can you say if he posted Miller Kopp-like social media slams against NU?

Is Priebe the whiny bitch or does that describe a companion of his? A sincere question.

Otherwise I gather he was a very good student and an on-field contributor as well. If he left NU's program ungraciously, however, that's another matter.
Priebe left the program in a classy way.

Its not clear why Bob has a grudge against him. It must be some sort of Indiana-Michigan thing.

He social media a bitch about us dumping that dead weight OL coach as his reason. Loyal to a terrible coach, not to a school. Don’t let the door.,,

He social media a bitch about us dumping that dead weight OL coach as his reason. Loyal to a terrible coach, not to a school. Don’t let the door.,,

Iggy, I generally agree with you on most issues, and I can't say I have been a big fan of Anderson's results with the OL at NU.... but as an old OL coach myself I'll take in a heartbeat the opinion of one of Anderson's warriors who gave his heart and soul for Anderson for four years - just as the coach did for him and all the other players in that room, even if the results weren't what we all hoped - over that of a dude from the cheap seats.

Did Priebe vent some sour grapes on his way out the door? Pfff.... he's a kid. Playing OL ain't backgammon. The dude earned the right to vent. As much as I cannot stand Michiscum, I hope Priebe has a great experience and does extremely well there.

Last edited:
Iggy, I generally agree with you on most issues, and I can't say I have been a big fan of Anderson's results with the OL at NU.... but as an old OL coach myself I'll take in a heartbeat the opinion of one of Anderson's warriors who gave his heart and soul for Anderson for four years - just as the coach did for him and all the other players in that room, even if the results weren't what we all hoped - over that of a dude from the cheap seats.

Did Priebe vent some sour grapes on his way out the door? Pfff.... he's a kid. Playing OL ain't backgammon. The dude earned the right to vent. As much as I cannot stand Michiscum, I hope Priebe has a great experience and does extremely well there.
Agreed.

With everything else going on in the world today, why some of our well educated fans want to dwell on the decisions of very young men perplexed me.

Especially guys like Priebe who fought thru injury to help us win games, and frankly save the program in 2023.

Good luck to him in all his future endeavors!

Agreed.

With everything else going on in the world today, why some of our well educated fans want to dwell on the decisions of very young men perplexed me.

Especially guys like Priebe who fought thru injury to help us win games, and frankly save the program in 2023.

Short answer: I root for the Cats. If a player transfers out, I no longer feel the need to include him in my rooting interests. I don’t wish him ill, but have a good life, dawg.
Go Cats!

Last edited:

Priebe’s departure note was more open than most but said nothing wrong about NU.

It said he hopes his coach keeps his job but, because he can’t be sure , he’s gotta go elsewhere. Kid has his degree. Now he’s got a chance to play for a national championship team, and probably get some extra extra cash.

To the extent that he made a ‘mistake’, it was sharing his actual thought process.

Bob’s being a stupid-head to hold it against him.

Priebe’s departure note was more open than most but said nothing wrong about NU.

It said he hopes his coach keeps his job but, because he can’t be sure , he’s gotta go elsewhere. Kid has his degree. Now he’s got a chance to play for a national championship team, and probably get some extra extra cash.

To the extent that he made a ‘mistake’, it was sharing his actual thought process.

I have nothing personal against Priebe. But his departure left us in a precarious position on the OL. But the grass isn’t always greener, because while Meat Chicken has bragging rights as the National Champions, they’ll be a much inferior team next year.

Reactions: IGNORE2

Agree he has a right to vent, same as my right to not root for. And he’s a kid making money playing football.

Agreed.

I don’t dwell. I simply am not a fan. Don’t like the cubs either. Easy to manage my fandom.

Probably. Not passionate about this just simply not a fan.

Probably. Not passionate about this just simply not a fan.

Bob: I'm just wondering whether I've had more posts censored than you or vice versa. I'm getting pretty close to pushing the "why bother" button.

Bob: I'm just wondering whether I've had more posts censored than you or vice versa. I'm getting pretty close to pushing the "why bother" button.
I don’t go back to check my posts often. I’ve seen deleted and been wrongly put in time out…

Wait, there’s a why bother button?

Yeah, it's a substitute for the IDGAS button!

Check the Alert NU thread before my latest is gone.

• Love
Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT