ADVERTISEMENT

Must "up our game"

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
The best news about the addition of USC and UCLA to the Big Ten is that men of all ages attending the games will now have a chance to see, live and in person, the pom pon girls and cheerleaders from UCLA and USC. While the further expansion of the Big Ten leaves me cold, the inevitability of these west coast beauties gracing Dyche Stadium's Ryan Field and the basketball fieldhouse already has my heart palpitating. IU's Red Steppers occasionally made an appearance here to the great appreciation of the male audience - heck, even my wife liked them - but USC and UCLA raise the bar to a much higher level. The issue now is, will NU choose to compete or just beg off from this most worthy of competitions.

The best news about the addition of USC and UCLA to the Big Ten is that men of all ages attending the games will now have a chance to see, live and in person, the pom pon girls and cheerleaders from UCLA and USC. While the further expansion of the Big Ten leaves me cold, the inevitability of these west coast beauties gracing Dyche Stadium's Ryan Field and the basketball fieldhouse already has my heart palpitating. IU's Red Steppers occasionally made an appearance here to the great appreciation of the male audience - heck, even my wife liked them - but USC and UCLA raise the bar to a much higher level. The issue now is, will NU choose to compete or just beg off from this most worthy of competitions.
Bravo. This post made my day.

Reactions: Aging Booster
When I was at NU, they had the separate Ladycats Dance Team. For whatever reason, they merged with the cheerleaders about a decade ago and they hardly do the sorts of routines anymore that the Ladycats used to do.

In the olden days, the NU women cheerleaders ALL looked like movie stars. Usually theater majors fresh from starring in their HS play. Nobody raised the bar on them. NU has long since lost interest.

• Wow
Reactions: ubercat
In the olden days, the NU women cheerleaders ALL looked like movie stars. Usually theater majors fresh from starring in their HS play. Nobody raised the bar on them. NU has long since lost interest.

Wow. Such an insult to our current cheerleaders. I bet you have no idea what our current women cheerleaders even look like.

Beating USC at football will be problematical. UCLA has done nothing recently in football to scare me. I look forward to November games against both in Evanston.

Beating USC at football will be problematical. UCLA has done nothing recently in football to scare me. I look forward to November games against both in Evanston.
Problematical? I think Wisconsin, Ioa and others are just as problematical if not more so. We usually hold our own against them. In the past five years, USC was:
2021 4-8
2020 5-1
2019 8-5
2018 5-7
2017 11-3
Lincoln Riley will probably have them playing better but we shall see.

image_handler.aspx

Reactions: Ryanfield124
Tread carefully. Don't get yourself subpoenaed in the NU cheerleader's case:

Reactions: kawacko
There is a joke that goes "why did Iowa put a fence around Kinnick Stadium? To keep the cheerleaders from grazing."

Well, these days - listing having been a cheerleader isn't exactly a positive on your resume for theater.

Out in LaLa land, it probably helps you get noticed by talent scouts.

In competitive cheerleading, what's important is tumbling/acrobatic ability.

I've seen them. I've rapped with a few. They are very good looking. They are not all stunning, as was the case.
I'll take the net-worth lifetime income of our crew versus any other squad in the P5 including Stanford. Smart-intelligent bunch hands down.

I remember the olden days. I dated the movie star cheerleaders at NU, at least few enough of them to post this. Fantasy is an amazing thing, it eludes at every turn, yet continues to entice.

Last edited:
Stpaulcat's sex life
Subject of conversation.
When's the depth chart out?

Stpaulcat's sex life
Subject of conversation.
When's the depth chart out?
This thread is about cheerleaders as part of the football experience, read the OP again. Why, you ask? As an aging compatriot of Aging Booster, fantasy is our future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT