ADVERTISEMENT

Muuuuuuuch Better

FitzFan

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Krg9uLm.gif

I was hoping for a rebound tonight, but I was honestly surprised by how well the team played.

Clayton was on point, Dickerson caught just about everything thrown his way, Skowronek looks like he's a great end zone target, and JJTBC was his usual shifty self. Kudos to the team, coaches, and staff for making it happen.

It was really nice to see Alviti make a big play when he was in. Gotta feel happy for him. I also love watching the 4th stringers and walk-ons play. Green got some snaps under center, we had Makay Redd make an extra point...did anyone else notice any walk-ons making plays? It was great to see.

Lastly, me likey aggressive Fitz. Go for the throat, killer.

giphy.gif

Hoping we can play as well against Wiscy!

Go Cats!

Krg9uLm.gif

I was hoping for a rebound tonight, but I was honestly surprised by how well the team played.

Clayton was on point, Dickerson caught just about everything thrown his way, Skowronek looks like he's a great end zone target, and JJTBC was his usual shifty self. Kudos to the team, coaches, and staff for making it happen.

It was really nice to see Alviti make a big play when he was in. Gotta feel happy for him. I also love watching the 4th stringers and walk-ons play. Green got some snaps under center, we had Makay Redd make an extra point...did anyone else notice any walk-ons making plays? It was great to see.

giphy.gif

Go Cats!
Those Bergin brothers mad a bunch of tackles.

Krg9uLm.gif

giphy.gif

Go Cats!
I think the games so far really speak to the importance of momentum and emotion in College football. In the first game, NU was able to get the momentum back and looked good going down the stretch. In the second game NU's one real chance at shifting momentum was undone by the targeting call and the team played on it's heals the rest of the way. In the third game NU got the momentum and kept the pedal down and BG was on it's heals the rest of the game.
Sometimes the game is over before it is really over.

I am still on Zofran after traveling to Duke. Last night's game did little to settle my stomach

Skowronek in terms of playing on Sundays probably has the greatest potential. He's a beast

Reactions: rmndcat
Spivak was in for a number of plays at the end. Looked small but close to the ground. hustled everywhere but overmatched at times against the larger lineman...even looked like he was held a couple times. But he played.Sorry to see Brown go down and Thompson as well. How are they? And Jango was carted off the field with what looked like an upper extremity injury. He just can't get a break!!

Skowronek in terms of playing on Sundays probably has the greatest potential. He's a beast

I was as pleased with his performance yesterday as anyone, but I'm reserving judgement on how good he is as a Big Ten receiver. He had just one reception for 9 yards against Duke. I worry about his ability to create separation.

I think the games so far really speak to the importance of momentum and emotion in College football. In the first game, NU was able to get the momentum back and looked good going down the stretch. In the second game NU's one real chance at shifting momentum was undone by the targeting call and the team played on it's heals the rest of the way. In the third game NU got the momentum and kept the pedal down and BG was on it's heals the rest of the game.
Sometimes the game is over before it is really over.
Agree strongly about the importance of emotion in college football. Agree less strongly about the first two games of this season. We played terribly in the first two games of this season. Our trying to convince ourselves that the hapless Nevada team could be bowl-bound shows how much we wanted to pretend that we did not play as badly as we did. Duke dispersed all such illusions.

Although BGSU is not a good team, we actually played well. There is some hope that we can turn a corner the way we did last season. The bad news is that we now face Wisconsin and PSU back-to-back. We really need to win one of those (preferably Wiscy) to take good emotional momentum into the softer part of our conference schedule.

Spivak was in for a number of plays at the end. Looked small but close to the ground. hustled everywhere but overmatched at times against the larger lineman...even looked like he was held a couple times. But he played.Sorry to see Brown go down and Thompson as well. How are they? And Jango was carted off the field with what looked like an upper extremity injury. He just can't get a break!!

Haven't rewatched, but didn't Thompson return to the game? Perhaps my memory was faulty, but thought I saw him return.

Krg9uLm.gif

giphy.gif

Go Cats!
"Hoping we can play as well against Wiscy"

If we come out with the aggressiveness and emotion that we did last night, and sustain it for 60 minutes, I think we have a real good shot at beating wiscy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT