ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite part of rewatching "The Play"...

VirginiaWildcat

Aug 31, 2001
...is watching the fans and bench's reaction. I have the stupid grin on my face every single time, and then I play it again!

A great vid that does a slo-mo of "The Play" is this one. I enjoy pausing and looking at the anxiety-ridden faces just before the shot goes in. Then exaltation in it's purest form! Fast-forward to about 1:35

Apart from the dramatic slow-mo, ESPN in its rendition added a white sight line that accompanied the ball as Taphorn heaved it to Pardon that was pretty impressive as well.

Apart from the dramatic slow-mo, ESPN in its rendition added a white sight line that accompanied the ball as Taphorn heaved it to Pardon that was pretty impressive as well.

Here is the contrail (exhaust trail) that ESPN added:

IMG_5964_zps8cpguzbt.jpg
IMG_5967_zpsy2bjlkrv.jpg

Last edited:
Everything about it was absolutely divine. I will go into legendary lore as of the moment it happened last nite. Now, let's top it off with a win over Purdue. I am hoping we are put into the brackets with that of Duke. That will be quite a matchup wouldn't it?

Anyone have a link to a wide screen replay that shows Pardon setting the picks and slipping to the basket with Walton on him?

Here is the contrail, and measurement graphics, that ESPN added:

IMG_5964_zps8cpguzbt.jpg
IMG_5967_zpsy2bjlkrv.jpg

Enjoy the moment ! That was the best feeling I have ever had leaving Welsh Ryan with my family and friends in over 40 years of attending games. There were so many years where I left the arena shaking my head wondering when will we win the close game or how did we blow that lead (eg. recent Indiana game). I felt the program was on the upswing under BC but plateaued out and was never able to be a plus.500 Big Ten team.

That has now changed under CC. I was so impressed by how our team bounced back after the devastating loss in Indiana to win last night. I feel great about the direction of the program. They played with grit and determination on both ends of the court. A miracle finish made it special. They have Big Ten caliber athletes who can compete. I plan to savor the game and the feeling that we are finally going to the Dance. Enjoy the Moment ! This will be the equivalent of going to the Rose Bowl back in 1996.

ESPN's added measurement graphics on The Sports Center piece were great as well:

IMG_5967_zpsy2bjlkrv.jpg
IMG_5964_zps8cpguzbt.jpg

...is watching the fans and bench's reaction. I have the stupid grin on my face every single time, and then I play it again!

A great vid that does a slo-mo of "The Play" is this one. I enjoy pausing and looking at the anxiety-ridden faces just before the shot goes in. Then exaltation in it's purest form! Fast-forward to about 1:35

the cheerleaders . . . watch the expressions of the cheerleaders.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat

Great catch. It looks like the ones closest to the camera are auditioning as models for "The Scream."

IMG_5970_zpsqfcltgcq.jpg

OK, here are a few more of the cheerleaders' reactions from another angle as seen on The Fox featured video clip

IMG_5975_zpsyceyrsof.jpg
IMG_5979_zps61no2qad.jpg

Reactions: FitzFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT