ADVERTISEMENT

Nance/Young

I tell you, this tournament week has been rough for me. My undergraduate school and top rooting interest is NU. My childhood rooting interest and graduate school is Iowa. My wife’s school and current rooting interest is UNC. Woof all around. At least my weekend is free!

I tell you, this tournament week has been rough for me. My undergraduate school and top rooting interest is NU. My childhood rooting interest and graduate school is Iowa. My wife’s school and current rooting interest is UNC. Woof all around. At least my weekend is free!

At least you’ve got Selection Sunday to look forward to!

TarHawkCat? 🤮

Reactions: drewjin
Pete Nance and Ryan Young have completed their basketball seasons.

They will now be able to get together in North Carolina to watch their former team play UCLA in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

It is unclear whether Young will "forego the NBA draft" or choose to play another year in the NCAA.
Nance will also "forego the NBA draft," but his future plans remain unclear, other than "no more NCAA."

• Sad
Reactions: mesacat and drewjin
Pete Nance and Ryan Young have completed their basketball seasons.

They will now be able to get together in North Carolina to watch their former team play UCLA in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

It is unclear whether Young will "forego the NBA draft" or choose to play another year in the NCAA.
Nance will also "forego the NBA draft," but his future plans remain unclear, other than "no more NCAA."
Can we now kill this thread, please???

Reactions: drewjin
"Meanwhile, the 2023 Duke basketball recruiting class seems complete. And it does not contain any centers."

"Therefore, Young looks to be the top candidate to start at the five-spot for the 2023-24 Blue Devils unless Scheyer and his cohorts seek a formidable big man in the transfer portal. Or it's possible Christian Reeves, a 7-foot-1 freshman who has played only 34 minutes this season, will make a giant leap in the offseason."

Lively has not yet announced for the NBA draft.

"Meanwhile, the 2023 Duke basketball recruiting class seems complete. And it does not contain any centers."

"Therefore, Young looks to be the top candidate to start at the five-spot for the 2023-24 Blue Devils unless Scheyer and his cohorts seek a formidable big man in the transfer portal. Or it's possible Christian Reeves, a 7-foot-1 freshman who has played only 34 minutes this season, will make a giant leap in the offseason."

I’ll cheer for Duke next season if Young is still there.

I’ll also cheer for Nance wherever he plays next.

But I’ll cheer much, much harder for the Cats still in Evanston.

I don't think there is room for Young they have another 5 star recruiting class coming in.5 more players

I see all the haters are here again.

Here's one for you guys.

Name the only player in Duke basketball history to score 20 points and grab 10 rebounds in a game without missing a field goal attempt or a free throw?

Hopefully you can figure this one out.

Here's one for you guys.

Name the only player in Duke basketball history to score 20 points and grab 10 rebounds in a game without missing a field goal attempt or a free throw?

Looking forward to Big Matt doing that at NU. Maybe his will be only player with 10 dunks, 10 boards, and 5 swats!

Reactions: IGNORE2
Looking forward to Big Matt doing that at NU. Maybe his will be only player with 10 dunks, 10 boards, and 5 swats!
You forgot the 10 sky hooks from outside the arc....

i guess that would get him to 50 points.

"Maybe" it is asking too much.

5 steals, 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks.... A Golden Nichol.

Here's one for you guys.

Hmmm…good question. I’d guess someone who earned a ton of playing time after such a performance. Assuming Coach K or Scheyer would know how to maximize this players talents!

FWIW, Miller Kopp tweeted a list of 100 things he's learned. Not that there's anything incendiary in here, but he does mention Northwestern and Collins by name a few times.

Some interesting ones:
51. Losing sucks
52. NU classes aren’t as hard as people think
89. Grass isn’t always greener, but it certainly can be

FWIW, Miller Kopp tweeted a list of 100 things he's learned. Not that there's anything incendiary in here, but he does mention Northwestern and Collins by name a few times.

Some interesting ones:
51. Losing sucks

While #49 states “March Madness wins are awesome”, he really only is familiar with one (same as Roy Dixon), so he should technically state “March Madness win is awesome”, or perhaps “My one March Madness win (phew!) was awesome.”

IU’s tourney win drought no longer exceeds NU’s, so that was big.

While #49 states “March Madness wins are awesome”, he really only is familiar with one (same as Roy Dixon), so he should technically state “March Madness win is awesome”, or perhaps “My one March Madness win (phew!) was awesome.”

IU’s tourney win drought no longer exceeds NU’s, so that was big.
True, though we still have more tourney wins than them in the last 7 years.

Nance is on the Cavs summer league squad.

He had 9 points and a board in 17 minutes on Monday.

He had 11 points in 19 minutes, including three 3s, on Sunday.

He had five points in 16 minutes the game prior.

And I couldn’t find the previous game because I didn’t look very hard.

Young will be playing at Duke again this season.

Kopp remains a d-bag.

He actually praised IU in the wake of the Fitz scandal. A place that stuck by Bobby Knight far longer than it should, worse than how Whitney Houston stuck by Bobby Brown.

Also a place he claims to love. But man, really does not love him back.
I was never sure if Kopp really did tweet about Northwestern's football "hazing" issues.
(I thought it may have been faked somehow)
But if it was real, you have to wonder what is wrong with that guy.

Some interesting ones:
51. Losing sucks

Well, Mr. Defense, its a good thing you're tooting your own horn, because nobody else sure will.... you self-absorbed Jagbag.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Summer league action...

Pete Nance came off the bench for the Cavs squad and played 27 of the 40 minutes.
4 of 9 from the floor (0 of 2 on 3's). 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 3 turnovers....
Led the team with a +14 (his team won by 4).
Best part of it was he committed 7 fouls.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DaCat and NUCat320
There is no fouling out in the summer league I guess?
Well its either that or the less likely possibilities that the stats guy made a mistake or ESPN just was messing around with the box score!

I had to look it up - the max is TEN fouls... so even Matt Nicholson from 2021-22 wouldn't have to worry.

Just peruse this thread and ask how many of these guys still post? And why? Then compare to one of the similar sized threads a couple years earlier. Mostly same guys. What changed…

We were a small yahoo site then, have to be a money suck now.

Just peruse this thread and ask how many of these guys still post? And why? Then compare to one of the similar sized threads a couple years earlier. Mostly same guys. What changed…

We were a small yahoo site then, have to be a money suck now.
Uh, looks like all of them except for one. Not sure this is making whatever point you think you're making.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT