ADVERTISEMENT

NBA draft thoughts

Because Clingan was surrounded by a lot more and still developing. And he probably fits into NBA better. While Edny is more what you see is what you get. We play Purdue every year and know pretty much what to expect while have never played UCON. Also just a worse matchup.

And if Edy is on UCON, he is not on Purdue
My point is Clingan shocked us with his defense. Edey never had even when we first played them when he was Clingan’s age.

My big worry based on this draft is the French owning the top pick(s) 2 years in a row. How are we going to keep basketball gold at the Olympics? As a nation, what would our recourse be if France beats us?

Start making edible cheese?
Storm Normandy

Reactions: Hkjb
If you made an All-Star team of non-American players, then the Americans would lose. But when the non-Americans are scattered among different international teams (Canada, France, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, etc.), then the American squad remains the top dog.
France is starting to look like they might be pretty GD scary though. Wemby alone…

I will stand by my inference of the meaning of your words. Your words do have inference and meaning, correct? I know you try to state facts, which is admirable, but why use words if they don’t convey meaning?

You were surprised Edey was picked as high as he was, and then, with the added use of the term “however”, one would infer you were even more surprised Clingan went at #7.

You also had said having Edey on UCONN would have allowed Purdue only 20 points. The inference/meaning is that Edey is a more dominant defensive player (since Purdue actually scored a lot more than 20). I argued that Clingan dominated us defensively and Edey never did.

I’ll let you buy the beer when we meet at an NU bball game - sound ok?
Gordie, if I see you at a game, I'll buy you a beer, assuming the stadium sells beer!

But one little note before we bury this beaten horse...

If I write a sentence, it might imply something to some people, but the reader does the inferring..

Anyhow, I was aware that Clingan was expected to go higher in the NBA draft than Edey. Apparently Edey kicked ass in his pro workouts, so he jumped up.

Reactions: IGNORE2
One side note, UCLA center Adem Bona got drafted in the middle of the 2nd round.
Most Wildcat fans remember him as they guy who got destroyed by Matt Nicholson a year ago in the NCAA tournament.

They say Bona had a separated shoulder, but Matt has never dominated anyone else like that at the college level.

Reactions: NUCat320
Gordie, if I see you at a game, I'll buy you a beer, assuming the stadium sells beer!

But one little note before we bury this beaten horse...

If I write a sentence, it might imply something to some people, but the reader does the inferring..

Anyhow, I was aware that Clingan was expected to go higher in the NBA draft than Edey. Apparently Edey kicked ass in his pro workouts, so he jumped up.
PWB - thanks for that offer for the beer!

I guess I would say both the writer infers (to make a point from information gathered) and the reader infers (to try to understand the writer’s point).

Geez..can you two just meet at some cheap hotel and just seal the deal?

(Did I infer properly enough?)
We can clear this all up at 10000 feet on the way to watch the boys in Purple cash some team away from Evanston! Did I mention the topless flight attendants?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT