Texas (filled by Tom Herman)
LSU (filled by Ed "Flowers for Ogeron")
Oregon - rumor is Helfrich will be out
Baylor -
Houston -
Purdue -
San Jose St -
Nevada -
Georgia State - rumor is Mel Tucker (remember him, Bears fans?) will get the job
Florida Atlantic - would be cool to work at a place named after a state AND an ocean

HUNGARY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
Brian Kelly (ND) - he says he's committed to ND, which means he's gone. Pete Werner just decommitted. more to come

Butch Jones (Tennessee) - from playoff expectations to implosion and ugly loss to Vandy

Jim Mora Jr (UCLA) - playoffs?

Lovie Smith (IL) - rumor is he wants out, so he's making his own seat very hot

PJ FLECK WATCH:
- Reports from field say that he awoke at 6:00 am, had some coffee, worked out on the rowing machine for 25 minutes, and looked at himself in the mirror. WMU plays for the MAC title this weekend.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard that about Lovie. If he leaves, PJ Fleck wold be the PERFECT fit for them, especially given that he's from Illinois and played at Northern. That would be a real problem for us . . .

I believe you can get one in purple

Hungary Jack prepares to hold Shakes' jockstrap
draeger_bl_01.jpg

may be the last thing I attempt here:

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:
Baylor -
Houston -
Purdue -
San Jose St -
Nevada -
Georgia State - rumor is Mel Tucker (remember him, Bears fans?) will get the job
Florida Atlantic - would be cool to work at a place named after a state AND an ocean

HUNGARY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
Brian Kelly (ND) - he says he's committed to ND, which means he's gone. Pete Werner just decommitted. more to come

Butch Jones (Tennessee) - from playoff expectations to implosion and ugly loss to Vandy

PJ FLECK WATCH:
- Reports from field say that he awoke at 6:00 am, had some coffee, worked out on the rowing machine for 25 minutes, and looked at himself in the mirror. WMU plays for the MAC title this weekend.

Well done!

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:
Baylor -
Houston -
Purdue -
San Jose St -
Nevada -

HUNGARY JACK'S HOT SEAT:

PJ FLECK WATCH:
Hungary Jack, it looks like you've made a lot of mistakes here. You should Czech your work before posting. For sure it is one of the Warsaw posts I've ever seen. Try again, and I expect to see real Prague-ress

I hadn't heard that about Lovie. If he leaves, PJ Fleck wold be the PERFECT fit for them, especially given that he's from Illinois and played at Northern. That would be a real problem for us . . .
The Lovie thing has been bantered about for at least the last month. While I'm sure the dissatisfaction starts with the football teams progress or lack of some of it I'm sure relates to living in Champaign. After all they are used to living in Tampa and Chicago and his wife has informed that they has frequented all of the fine restaurants in the area, one.

What IS the problem with Illinois?

Hungary Jack, it looks like you've made a lot of mistakes here. You should Czech your work before posting. For sure it is one of the Warsaw posts I've ever seen. Try again, and I expect to see real Prague-ress
Oh gosh, I did not notice that.

On other boards, I use the moniker Hungary Jack, which is a nod to my appreciation of pancakes and the wondrous year I spent living in Budapest in 1992, when the government had just changed.

On these boards I am just plain old Hungry Jack. But now I have mixed up my monikers, which means something unspeakable might happen to me, like having to carry Shakes' jockstrap without my purple hazmat suit. Pray for me.

Oh gosh, I did not notice that.

On other boards, I use the moniker Hungary Jack, which is a nod to my appreciation of pancakes and the wondrous year I spent living in Budapest in 1992, when the government had just changed.

On these boards I am just plain old Hungry Jack. But now I have mixed up my monikers, which means something unspeakable might happen to me, like having to carry Shakes' jockstrap without my purple hazmat suit. Pray for me.
Just don't be Russian into anything

Reactions: NURoseBowl
Just don't be Russian into anything

I guess I am now like Shivas/Stupor/Wooderson in that I have multiple identities on this board. I should have Moldova my choice of moniker before registering as Hungry Jack. Of Kosovo, I really don't have a Cluj as to how these naming things work..There is no Tallinn what moniker I might post under next.

I guess I am now like Shivas/Stupor/Wooderson in that I have multiple identities on this board. I should have Moldova my choice of moniker before registering as Hungry Jack. Of Kosovo, I really don't have a Cluj as to how these naming things work..There is no Tallinn what moniker I might post under next.

Moldova! This should win the Vaccher-Wrassler Thread of the Year award.

Be careful what you say about shakes' jock strap. It was given to him by Privy White III, and it has authority.
Wasn't shakes a cheerleader? I never was one myself, but I'm fairly certain that they don't wear jockstraps.

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:
Baylor -
Houston -
Purdue -
San Jose St -
Nevada -

HUNGARY JACK'S HOT SEAT:

PJ FLECK WATCH:
Sorry to not have an Eastern European or jock strap pun at hand... :)

Butch Jones will not be fired this year. UT did not take a step backward. They just did not meet the expectations. While the UT fans are a bloodthirsty lot, it will take at least another year of underperforming to have his job really in jeopardy.

You don't have to group yourself with Vilnius like Stupor

NEWS
Kevin Wilson out at Indiana for abusive behaviors toward players

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:

Oregon - Bryan Harsin (Boise St), Fleck, Lane Kiffin, Scott Frost, Dan Mullen are names on the bathroom wall; Frost denies this

Baylor - If you have ever watched the show Fixer Upper, you know why it's filmed in Waco.

Houston - Lincoln Riley, Dana Holgorsen (WVU), Les Miles, Lane Kiffin bandied about; Art Briles not gonna happen

Indiana - SB Nation reports defensive coordinator Tom Allen will serve as interim head coach for the bowl game.

Purdue - The school is aiming to announce a new head coach on Monday or Tuesday, according to the Lafayette Journal & Courier. The paper reports candidates believed to still be under consideration include Western Kentucky head coach Jeff Brohm, Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun, Western Michigan head coach P.J. Fleck and LA Tech head coach Skip Holtz.

San Jose St -

Nevada -

Florida Atlantic - The AD, Pat Chun, consults with Ohio State on coaching decisions.

Delaware - making a strong run at Richmond head coach Danny Rocco, according to The News Journal. Personally, it would take a lot of money to give up a job where I coach a team called the "Spiders."

HUNGRY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
Kevin Sumlin (aTm) - President Michael Young tells the Texas Tribune “Kevin Sumlin has my complete support.” In other words, look out.

PJ FLECK WATCH:
- Says he loves his wife and would do it all over again.

Jeff Brohm would be a good hire for Purdue. Played for and coached under Bobby Petrino. Would probably hire some hot interns. (Petrino is a sleaze, and taught Brohm all he knew.)

Even as a good hire, he would probably fail. Tilller had a new and groundbreaking offense. Brohm has an exciting spread passing offense, like everyone else.

NEWS
The Network is reporting that Willie Taggart (USF) will coach Oregon. Taggart was an assistant at Stanford and helped recruit Andrew Luck.

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:

Texas - hired Tom Herman

LSU - filled by Ed "Flowers for Ogeron"

Oregon - Willie Taggart

Baylor -

Houston -

Indiana - Tom Allen promoted to head coach

Purdue - hired (now former) Western Kentucky head coach Jeff Brohm

USF - now looking for a HC

San Jose St -

Nevada -

Georgia State -

Florida Atlantic -

Delaware -

HUNGRY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
Northwestern Alumni Association for putting together a really crappy bowl package.

PJ FLECK WATCH:
- He actually figured out the earth's rotation was slowing down before anyone else did.

Last edited:
NEWS
The Network is reporting that Willie Taggart (USF) will coach Oregon. Taggart was an assistant at Stanford and helped recruit Andrew Luck.

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:

Texas - hired Tom Herman

LSU - filled by Ed "Flowers for Ogeron"

Oregon - Willie Taggart

Baylor -

Houston -

San Jose St -

Nevada -

Georgia State -

Florida Atlantic -

Delaware -

HUNGRY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
Northwestern Alumni Association for putting together a really crappy bowl package.

PJ FLECK WATCH:
- He actually figured out the earth's rotation was slowing down before anyone else did.

Doesn't sound like people are buying into the row your boat mantra!

NEWS
Matt Ruhle now rules Baylor

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:

Texas - Tom Herman

LSU - Ed Ogeron

Oregon - Willie Taggart

Baylor - Matt Ruhle

Houston -

San Jose St -

Nevada -

Georgia State -

Florida Atlantic -

Delaware -

HUNGRY JACK'S HOT SEAT:
ECat for antagonizing guests again

PJ FLECK WATCH:
My name is Uhtred, son of Uhtred

TOP JOBS AVAILABLE:
Baylor -
Houston -
Purdue -
San Jose St -
Nevada -

HUNGARY JACK'S HOT SEAT:

PJ FLECK WATCH:
Good Post and once some are out.....then New Coaches must come in.....and even more Coaching Spots open up.....and cause more changes at other Program, just like you posted with new opening now!

My guess in Fleck looked at the openings, knew he wouldn't be a candidate for some (Houston, Oregon) and said Feh to the ones he could be a candidate for (Purdue, Cincinnati) and will wait for a better opportunity. Yes, he's possibly betting on himself here in being able to sustain Western Michigan. But I can see him at a Power 5 school (particularly the ACC or maybe Illinois, even though I think it's a graveyard).

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT