ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

wildcatpn

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
What a collapse. Up by 15 early in the 2nd half and lose by 11. Gave up that lead in 9 minutes. They couldn’t stop Shannon. He’s a special talent but Nebraska can’t let one guy single handedly erase a big deficit.

Credit to Illinois for coming back 2 days in a row but they won’t go past the sweet 16 if they don’t play a lot better early in games and play better defense.

Nebraska isn’t unlike NU: very good shooting team that is smart and offensively efficient but is a notable level below the size and athleticism of the truly really good teams. Also not super awesome away from home. Obviously getting run that bad is terrible, but Illinois absolutely has that gear from a talent standpoint.

Cats played a great game vs. Nebraska at home. Defended the 3 and drove the basket. That is also the formula that helped the Illini come back. Huskers have multiple threats from 3 but cooled off in the second half.

Reactions: No Chores
All season long I expected Nebraska to collapse. And they never did. So often the portal mid-major transfers are athletic dudes but not much more in terms of basketball players. Not the ones they got this year. They are dogs. Very solid team

All season long I expected Nebraska to collapse. And they never did. So often the portal mid-major transfers are athletic dudes but not much more in terms of basketball players. Not the ones they got this year. They are dogs. Very solid team

Great, low-key coach.

What a collapse. Up by 15 early in the 2nd half and lose by 11. Gave up that lead in 9 minutes. They couldn’t stop Shannon. He’s a special talent but Nebraska can’t let one guy single handedly erase a big deficit.

Credit to Illinois for coming back 2 days in a row but they won’t go past the sweet 16 if they don’t play a lot better early in games and play better defense.
Illinois has the most talent in the Big. I think they are The Big’s best chance at the final 4. However, they could very easily flame out early. Not like that has been a rare occurrence. TSJ has great talent, but the dude can be a bull in the China shop with out of control drives. Officials will be important. CoHawk cry’s more than anyone in the league. That can be contagious. Luka Donic can be streaky and Undie usually screws something up. So very high ceiling if all goes right and potential for big problems too.

Absolutely a solid team. There is a lot to like. They could be a dark horse for the Sweet 16, though their guards would have to play their best games to get there. It's a good roster with size, athleticism and some shooters. Hoiberg has done an excellent job there.

Reactions: GatoLouco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT