ADVERTISEMENT

Need a nickname for Bowser

Don't know about any nicknames, but I sure have a ton of appreciation for this kid. Thrown into the fire well before he was expected to and has shown absolute toughness and heart. I'm worried a bit about him as he takes a pounding out there, but he seens to take it without flinching a bit. Such a different style to JJTBC who always seemed to be able to avoid the big hits. Bowser reminds me more of Autry style of running, patient and behind his pads. Anyway, well done young man. Studly performance yet again.

Don't know about any nicknames, but I sure have a ton of appreciation for this kid. Thrown into the fire well before he was expected to and has shown absolute toughness and heart. I'm worried a bit about him as he takes a pounding out there, but he seens to take it without flinching a bit. Such a different style to JJTBC who always seemed to be able to avoid the big hits. Bowser reminds me more of Autry style of running, patient and behind his pads. Anyway, well done young man. Studly performance yet again.
Bowser's emergence has effectively saved the 2nd half of the season. Of course, he has had solid run protection (even against ND), but he's just powering his way to 100 yard games, and he plays smart and effectively. He seems to also manage to dodge his way out of losing yardage and getting back to at least the line of scrimmage on most plays.

He's earned 20+ carries in each of the remaining games, and he'll get them.

Reactions: DaCat
Bowser gained 93 yards against a fairly decent ND defense. He's not just a hard-nosed straight-ahead runner but had some nifty cuts on some of his runs.

Reactions: zeek55
Bowser gained 93 yards against a fairly decent ND defense. He's not just a hard-nosed straight-ahead runner but had some nifty cuts on some of his runs.
Yeah, that's partially why I said in another thread that he was the most important revelation from today's game.

He showed a lot more versatility in today's game than the previous two; I feel like he's getting more comfortable at choosing his spots rather than just bursting through the hole asap (like he did against Rutgers and Wisconsin).

Our run protection was pretty good today as well; just felt like he was our only consistent offensive piece today (CT did have his moments as did some of our WRs, but Bowser was playing well throughout the game).

And that was the best front 7 he'll face until the Big Ten championship game. So I'm pretty excited to see how he does over the next 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT