ADVERTISEMENT

New OC - Bajakian

nycat33

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2014
Northwestern’s offensive coordinator search has zeroed in on Mike Bajakian from Boston College, multiple people with knowledge of the situation

I looked at his resume. He has some NFL experience, has been an assistant with Butch Jones at multiple stops. New Jersey guy, so may solidify the relationship with Bergen Catholic (he’s an alum).

I looked at BC’s stats from this past season, and they averaged 30 points a game, rushed for 5 yards a carry, and their QBs had a TD to INT ratio of 20:9. Offense apparently wasn’t their big problem last season (6-6).

We’ll see what happens here.

Was he the OC for Tennessee when they gave us a whoppin in the bowl game? If so, maybe that’s when Fitz first gained an appreciation for him.

That game was on McCall’s offense failing to put together a single drive leading to the D collapsing in the second half. There wasn’t anything special about the UT offense that year

That game was on McCall’s offense failing to put together a single drive leading to the D collapsing in the second half. There wasn’t anything special about the UT offense that year

Joshua Dobbs and Alvin Kamara had something to do with it as well.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Spent seven years with Butch Jones, until leaving to be TB QB coach in 2015 (under Lovie). Also coached under Lovie early in his career, as Bears quality control from 2004-2006. Had been Jameis Winston’s QB coach his entire career until this season

Just better than ours, right.

Former NFL QB coach. Lots of OC experience at U of Cincy, Tenn. and BC. Not yet 50. Sounds like what the doctor ordered. Know nothing of his recruiting reputation. But he’s from Bergen Catholic in NJ. Not a bad place to start.

GOUNUII

Agreed. Checks a lot of boxes. Plenty of college OC experience, solid results, young and hungry, and the added bonus of working with NFL QBs.

I might have totally missed it, but what is his offensive philosophy? His RB had quite a year. I’m guessing “multiple” offenses? If so, I’m quite OK with some flexibility and specifically gameplan to the opponent’s weakness.

I might have totally missed it, but what is his offensive philosophy? His RB had quite a year. I’m guessing “multiple” offenses? If so, I’m quite OK with some flexibility and specifically gameplan to the opponent’s weakness.
Hunter should be ok then since he knows 17 offenses, 16 of which have to be better than this season's.

Could be a good move with experience in college and NFL, as OC and with QBs, perhaps had to adapt multiple offensive schemes, and may be looking to move on back to the NFL or head coaching at some point, in case we are grooming Ayeni for OC.

Do you suppose he will be on campus this weekend to meet the recruits?

At first I wasn't impressed but after further review there seems to be a pattern of quick improvement at every stop, at various levels.

Yep, he has been all over the place. With success.

Pure conjecture but, per Wikipedia, he has 5 kids. I could see the idea of staying put for a bit being a major draw.

Hope he’s a perfect fit for NU’s championship aspirations and he sticks around as long as he wants.

Do you suppose he will be on campus this weekend to meet the recruits?

No, we don’t know if his hiring has even been finalized yet. His Twitter page still has all the BC references. I suspect they will try to have this finalized and have him on campus for next weekend’s visit from the QB recruit from Valdosta Georgia.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
No, we don’t know if his hiring hasn’t even been finalized yet. His Twitter page still has all the BC references. I suspect they will try to have this finalized and have him on campus for next weekend’s visit from the QB recruit from Valdosta Georgia.
I guess that was the recruit I was thinking of anyway.

Reactions: corbi296
I have one simple request: and that's to have a frickin' top 25 offense that'll help us win championships! Is that too much to ask?!! #WeCantHaveNiceThings

3279360ffd16ef15411746c53ae6291c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT