ADVERTISEMENT

Newsome II

Greg is set to make $13.4 million in his 5th year with the Browns. Not bad.

…and he didn’t even need to transfer to play with the dogs to get drafted in the first round and be successful. How ‘bout that! Can Mitchell too. we’ll see if Rod Heard has as much success as Brandon Joseph did by transferring…

…and he didn’t even need to transfer to play with the dogs to get drafted in the first round and be successful. How ‘bout that! Can Mitchell too. we’ll see if Rod Heard has as much success as Brandon Joseph did by transferring…
It is remarkable how bitter some of our fans can be.

Turning a major payday for Newsome into a shot at Heard, or anyone, is lame.

Rod Heard & Brandon Joseph each did more for this program than you and I have combined. So did all of the likely transfers.

The players who stuck it out and saved the program this season will always have a special place in my heart.

Instead of trashing them on the way out, let’s show some class, appreciate what they did, and cheer for Braun & staff to find and develop the next generation.

Rod Heard did more for this program than you and I have combined. So did each of the likely transfers.

Instead of trashing them on the way out, let’s show some class, appreciate what they did, and cheer for Braun & staff to find and develop the next generation.
Lighten up Francis. I’m just having fun with N*D* and their perceived superiority. It’s not Iike I’m trying to squeeze money from the school with some lame frivolous lawsuit or anything.

Reactions: No Chores
Lighten up Francis. I’m just having fun with N*D* and their perceived superiority. It’s not Iike I’m trying to squeeze money from the school with some lame frivolous lawsuit or anything.
It’s official: our fans are either the best or worst in the Big Ten, depending on the topic.

There’s not much middle ground with our vagabond group of internet scavengers.

You forget the WVU transfers

Rod Heard & Brandon Joseph each did more for this program than you and I have combined. So did all of the likely transfers.

The players who stuck it out and saved the program this season will always have a special place in my heart.

Na, I’ll stick to not liking Joseph at all

Na, I’ll stick to not liking Joseph at all
Why?

Would 2020 have happened without him?

Would he still have transferred had Fitz not made the avoidable mistake of replacing Hank with JON?

How do we know that he didn’t leave because of the hazing?

How do we know that he didn’t leave because of the hazing?
That’s a dumb take. He’s not jumping to join the frivolous lawsuit. His comments clearly stated he wanted to play with dogs. I root for Cats, not dogs.

Reactions: 2388bb
That’s a dumb take. He’s not jumping to join the frivolous lawsuit. His comments clearly stated he wanted to play with dogs. I root for Cats, not dogs.
I doubt BJo even remembers that interview.

Yet so many of our dozens of hardcore fans are still taking it personally even though his former teammates didn’t.

That’s the definition of someone living “rent free” in your heads, or whatever kids call it these days.

Yet so many of our dozens of hardcore fans are still taking it personally even though his former teammates didn’t.
You’re clueless. You have no idea whether his former teammates took it personally or not. High likelihood they did take it personally, given his comments.

You’re clueless. You have no idea whether his former teammates took it personally or not. High likelihood they did take it personally, given his comments.
On some things I am clueless. On this I’m not. They largely did not and do not care, just like they didn’t care when Skorownek went to Notre Dame.

Take the loss buddy. You don’t understand the player mindset. These young men love the transfer portal and don’t begrudge others who take advantage of it. They’re a less paranoid generation than yours.

On some things I am clueless. On this I’m not. They largely did not and do not care, just like they didn’t care when Skorownek went to Notre Dame.
Did you talk to any of the players after BJo threw them under the bus?

Take the loss buddy. You don’t understand the player mindset. These young men love the transfer portal and don’t begrudge others who take advantage of it. They’re a less paranoid generation than yours.
I have little doubt that players take it personally whenever any teammate who can help them win transfers to a competitor under the circumstances that BJo or BSkro left.

Hate, no.

Stay angry a long time, no.

Remember for a long time, yes.

Have too much class and self-respect to talk about it in the media, yes.

Last edited:
I have a little doubt that players take it personally whenever any teammate who can help them win transfers to a competitor under the circumstances that BJo or BSkro left.

Hate, no.

This.

T
I have a little doubt that players take it personally whenever any teammate who can help them win transfers to a competitor under the circumstances that BJo or BSkro left.

Hate, no.

This is a much different generation than even 10-12 years ago. They don’t recognize or understand Metallica or trickle down Reaganomics.

AAU, Obamacare, and TikTok have transformed them.

T

This is a much different generation than even 10-12 years ago. They don’t recognize or understand Metallica or trickle down Reaganomics.

AAU, Obamacare, and TikTok have transformed them.
uh that’s a little ostentatious of you to assume to be the authority and spokesman of GenZ… besides the fact that all the examples you cite have zero zilch nada to do with the current topic. Some basic human principles and emotions transcend feeble attempts to broadly categorize and stereotype. The more things change the more they stay the same. Getting thrown under the bus by a former teammate will never sit well with any generation of athlete. Like Matt said, they may not stay angry but they won’t be likely to forget either.

Reactions: GOUNUII and MRCat95
uh that’s a little ostentatious of you to assume to be the authority and spokesman of GenZ… besides the fact that all the examples you cite have zero zilch nada to do with the current topic. Some basic human principles and emotions transcend feeble attempts to broadly categorize and stereotype. The more things change the more they stay the same. Getting thrown under the bus by a former teammate will never sit well with any generation of athlete. Like Matt said, they may not stay angry but they won’t be likely to forget either.
Lol. Did you not see Skowronek at the rally last March in California along with former MBB players? The former captain who seemed to quit in season and then transferred to Notre Dame?

They don’t take it personal. Most of them want to be influencers.

Plus most of the players saw thru JON and wouldn’t take it personal after a hall of fame DC was replaced by someone lacking.

Lol. Did you not see Skowronek at the rally last March in California along with former MBB players? The former captain who seemed to quit in season and then transferred to Notre Dame?

They don’t take it personal. Most of them want to be influencers.

Plus most of the players saw thru JON and wouldn’t take it personal after a hall of fame DC was replaced by someone lacking.
Skowronek left somewhat gracefully. BJo didn’t, he burned bridges with his comments.

Skowronek left somewhat gracefully. BJo didn’t, he burned bridges with his comments.
Yes, and Skowronek left with a Northwestern degree. He went to ND because he thought he had a better chance of being drafted, and he was right.
The difference in how they left is that Skowronek said nothing, much to the dismay of our fanbase, and then fulfilled his potential. However he could have still been drafted out of NU. His best play - ever - was the game winning catch at Iowa when we clinched the West in 2018.

Our fanbase demanded that BJo explain why he left, he then did so, and a lot of our fans took it personally. Sorry but, sometimes, you get what you ask for - not every 21 year old is going to say everything perfectly.

I highly doubt the teammates whom he helped win in 2020 took it as personally. Especially those who realized how big the dropoff was after Hank retired.

The difference in how they left is that Skowronek said nothing, much to the dismay of our fanbase, and then fulfilled his potential. However he could have still been drafted out of NU. His best play - ever - was the game winning catch at Iowa when we clinched the West in 2018.

Our fanbase demanded that BJo explain why he left, he then did so, and a lot of our fans took it personally. Sorry but, sometimes, you get what you ask for - not every 21 year old is going to say everything perfectly.

I highly doubt the teammates whom he helped win in 2020 took it as personally. Especially those who realized how big the dropoff was after Hank retired.
Nope. When Skowronek left we had no good transfer QB in place. He went to ND where he excelled and was drafted and has been a good receiver in the NFL. BJo threw his teammates under the bus almost immediately, was not drafted, and never played in the NFL.

Nope. When Skowronek left we had no good transfer QB in place. He went to ND where he excelled and was drafted and has been a good receiver in the NFL. BJo threw his teammates under the bus almost immediately, was not drafted, and never played in the NFL.
Spot this on. And one of his teammates in that lame secondary that supposedly wasn’t good enough to play with him, Cam Mitchell, got drafted and is playing in the NFL. I guess Cats over dogs.

Incorrect!

Brandon Joseph was a member of the Lions last year and appeared in two games in his rookie season.

If he stays on their team, he may win a Super Bowl like so many of our recent NFL alumni.

Last edited:
No. BJo made his statements to the media in an interview. Try again.
Yes after so many of our fans were heartbroken on here, hoping and praying for information.

He was thoughtful enough to explain himself. Even if it likely wasn’t the Full Truth.

Incorrect!

Brandon Joseph was a member of the Lions last year and appeared in two games in his rookie season.

If he stays on their team, he may win a Super Bowl like so many of our recent NFL alumni.
He's on their practice squad.

He may be now. But he logged minutes in two NFL games last year versus the Falcons & Packers.

That shows that he was on the active roster for two games early in the season. No stats, which means he may not have seen the field. Then back to the practice squad for the rest of the season.

He left NU because he thought going to ND would improve his draft prospects. He wasn't drafted and is barely hanging on as a practice squad guy. Compare that to the numerous NU players who are on NFL active rosters.

I don't know why I argue with you, as you're mostly here to troll.

Yes after so many of our fans were heartbroken on here, hoping and praying for information.

He was thoughtful enough to explain himself. Even if it likely wasn’t the Full Truth.
Your schtick is old.

Reactions: No Chores
That shows that he was on the active roster for two games early in the season. No stats, which means he may not have seen the field. Then back to the practice squad for the rest of the season.

He left NU because he thought going to ND would improve his draft prospects. He wasn't drafted and is barely hanging on as a practice squad guy. Compare that to the numerous NU players who are on NFL active rosters.

More and more folks here are beginning to understand this!

Much like Skowronek was drafted, we can’t prove that BJo would have made the Lions roster if he hadn’t left for Notre Dame. It is very hard to prove a negative.

He may still emerge as an NFL player. His playmaking ability was special.

Also: my name is CatManTrue, not CatManTroll. I come here to preach facts to otherwise confused or misled people. And, unlike certain posters, I’ve never been banned in my almost 16 years of truthtelling.

#facts

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Much like Skowronek was drafted, we can’t prove that BJo would have made the Lions roster if he hadn’t left for Notre Dame. It is very hard to prove a negative.

He may still emerge as an NFL player. His playmaking ability was special.

Also: my name is CatManTrue, not CatManTroll. I come here to preach facts to otherwise confused or misled people. And, unlike certain posters, I’ve never been banned in my almost 16 years of truthtelling.

#facts
You haven't been banned because nobody gets banned for saying dumb stuff!;)

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
You haven't been banned because nobody gets banned for saying dumb stuff!;)
Neither do we for speaking the Truth.

BTW: the next time you’re on Route 80 in western PA, check out the Iron Bridge Inn off Exit 15.

They have $1 Yuengling drafts and the best bread I’ve had in a long while.

I’ll let you know how the New York Strip is if you apologize for calling me a troll.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT