ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Article on Grant Perry

Re: You have a legitimate concern.

Hey beetle, this is a free country and board. So sorry if you don't like my post. Get over it...

The kid made his choice and you know just as little as I do as to why he made the decision and what was communicated, so get off your horse. Just so I am clear, outside of the perceived win in education (which I question) what are the other reasons that an in state recruit from Michigan would choose NU, since you are all knowing in this area?

Originally posted by lonestarmvp:

The kid made his choice and you know just as little as I do as to why he made the decision and what was communicated, so get off your horse. Just so I am clear, outside of the perceived win in education (which I question) what are the other reasons that an in state recruit from Michigan would choose NU, since you are all knowing in this area?
Since I am all knowing in this area, I'll make a list:

1) Education - I stick to my opinion that NU offers a better education and more opportunities after graduation. Plus, I bet the football culture at NU is more tailored toward an emphasis on academic achievement than Michigan's is.

2) Fitz over Harbaugh - Say what you want about Fitz's coaching style, but he has his players' backs and will always be looking out for their best interests. That's a rarity in college football, and I don't know that you can say the same about Harbaugh. If it were my son making this decision, I'd tell him to go play for Fitz.

3) Evanston over Ann Arbor - Evanston/Chicago are tough to beat, IMO.

Obviously, a kid from Michigan with a UM offer is going to be tough to pull, but I think are good reasons why he should choose Northwestern.

Originally posted by gocatsgo2003:

Originally posted by cat inkansas:
Has Michigan offered or is this just speculation?
Haven't seen any public confirmation from the kid or his coaches, but it's bouncing all over the place. Not exactly surprised, but definitely disappointed. Always thought Michigan figured they could come to him a couple days before Signing Day and still remain confident that he would flip.
I wish Perry would wake up to the fact that Michigan has been trying for over a year to land dozens of kids other than him, and are only turning to him as a last resort. I wish these kids would stick with the school that has committed to them right from the start and turn down these weasel coaches. That way they can avoid playing with a bunch of brain-dead dummies who get useless General Studies degrees, if they get any degree at all.

Is lonestar trying to say UM and NU are even on equal footing academically? I'm not an NU grad, but that's laughable...

Agree completely Glades. Not only Michigan but also Harbaugh. If Perry has been honest with Lou, Michigan did not contact him at all until this weekend. Harbaugh has been at Michigan for a month and he has been pursuing every recruit under the sun to try to get them to flip. He has flipped some but enough to fill up the whole class so now a couple of days before signing day he offers Perry a scholarship assuming he will take it. Grant, why do you think you will be successful at a program where the coach takes you for granted from the start and only recruited you as a last resort. They are treating you like the ugly girl who a guy calls up for a booty call when all the other girls are unavailable. Grant, stick with the program that has believed in you all along. NU offers an offensive system that is a better fit for you and gives you a chance to play right away. Of course, NU also offers a superior degree and a coaching staff that will allow you to take full advantage of everything that the University has to offer.

This post was edited on 2/2 5:08 PM by corbi296

This post was edited on 2/2 5:33 PM by corbi296

Wow, Corbi, you really should be a salesman. I can't imagine anything more flattering than being compared to the "ugly girl who a guy calls up for a booty call..." That should straighten out Mr. Perry.
laugh.r191677.gif

Fitz: "Grant...bro...it's late on a Saturday night, you've been out with your boys, but it's getting late. They all got girls, you're alone. Who are you gonna call? You got someone in mind...yeah I see you do. That's who you are to Michigan right now."

Perry: "Oh $h!t...hell no. Coach I want to be a Wildcat."

Scene

I didn't compare him to that, I said that Michigan is treating like that.

Michigan is a solid school. So the schools may be on similar academic levels levels but how the student athlete will be handled would be different and that is where NU would excel.

All true and I would be in total agreement, except that Harbaugh has only been there for a month. So unfair to say that this staff has pursued others for months. That said, it would be likely that Harbaugh would recruit over him in the next year or two so it is unlikely he would get much in the way of playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT