ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Auction - Boo Buie Trading cards

As a grown man who still collects sports cards, I just might have to bid here.
I quit collecting baseball and sports cards when I hit like high school, but I have to admit, the innovations in adding memorabilia items into the cards and making more special runs that have been developed since I quit the hobby are pretty cool and these cards are all over them

I quit collecting baseball and sports cards when I hit like high school, but I have to admit, the innovations in adding memorabilia items into the cards and making more special runs that have been developed since I quit the hobby are pretty cool and these cards are all over them
Like a lot of people, I got back into it during the pandemic. The biggest thing that surprised me was how expensive it has become. A single box of “normal” NBA or NFL cards can easily run you $1500, and a Flawless “briefcase” is easily $10k+. Makes me glad I stick to soccer. But I do have a small PC of NU football and hoops alum.

Like a lot of people, I got back into it during the pandemic. The biggest thing that surprised me was how expensive it has become. A single box of “normal” NBA or NFL cards can easily run you $1500, and a Flawless “briefcase” is easily $10k+. Makes me glad I stick to soccer. But I do have a small PC of NU football and hoops alum.
Yeah, I have little interest in it now, though I still have my many of thousands of old cards, a handful of which still have a very modest value. But it’s cool what they’ve done. Can’t just print shit on cardboard any more and have people care.

Yeah, I have little interest in it now, though I still have my many of thousands of old cards, a handful of which still have a very modest value. But it’s cool what they’ve done. Can’t just print shit on cardboard any more and have people care.
They’re not targeted at kids anymore, and kids don’t care about following sports anymore. Chicken or egg.

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
The auction is up and running. Don’t really love the design. Also you’d think for a small-batch like this they’d have gone with a jumbo patch window. That said, the memorabilia isn’t just game-worn, it’s a piece of the headband he sported the night he set the scoring record against Michigan. While these cards won’t ever be worth anything, the fact that the mem is certified from such an important game makes this a cool thing to have for any NU collector.

Link to auction

Reactions: FeralFelidae
You could also purchase articles of Boo's clothing, shoes, gear, etc...

Reactions: nycat33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT