ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel Eastern

catcrazy

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2001
without any knowledge the more time passes and he has not committed to Purdue or MSU, the more I think our odds to land him increase

without any knowledge the more time passes and he has not committed to Purdue or MSU, the more I think our odds to land him increase

Somebody who has connections to ETHS says he was always coming here. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've had the same thoughts, Catcrazy. I doubt it will happen, but there's just that liiiiiiiiiiittle glimmer of hope.

If I were somebody close to him, I'd have to ask why he is so incredibly hesitant to choose MSU. He's been on that campus a minimum of four or five times. If you can't make a decision for an amazing program like that after a fairly comfortable number of visits, your inner self is telling you something.

The name that also has me scratching my head is friggin' Seton Hall. Really?!?!

OTOH, he was the ETHS homecoming king yesterday, so the kid has some things going on.

Maybe he wants to play closer to home so his family can see him play more, not be the 13th guy at MSU, wants to play some minutes at PG, does not want to play in a strict restrictive system like at MSU where Izzo calls every offensive play and does not let his team have the offensive freedom that Collins is trying push for when he gets better athletes, he wants to make history at NU as opposed to having unrealistic expectations at MSU where if they lose to Middle Tennessee State in the first round everyone is in a panic and maybe he understands the value of a degree from NU as opposed to a MSU degree and maybe wants to live in the Chicagoland area in the future after his college and hopefully, pro career ends because of the more lucrative financial opportunities in Chicago v. East Lansing. Also, maybe he knows Alvin Ellis and saw his place move down the bench to the no. 13 guy on the bench. And maybe (hopefully) just maybe he likes the coaching staff and players at NU more than the situation at Purdue and MSU. Just some wild speculation from my part.

Somebody who has connections to ETHS says he was always coming here. I'll believe it when I see it.

FWIW, the noise I heard earlier was about Eastern. Of course, the person who I heard it from wasn't that happy with my tease on this board and so has cut me off and so now I don't know jack.

My kid is at ETHS and everything, everything I've heard about Eastern is that he's a great kid.

So I'd love him to go to NU for selfish reasons. But I hope he picks the school that will make him happiest long-term.

FWIW, the noise I heard earlier was about Eastern. Of course, the person who I heard it from wasn't that happy with my tease on this board and so has cut me off and so now I don't know jack.
88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif

Well hopefully the ETHS prior scuttlebutt is true. He could be like Paul Pressey when he played for the Bucks and be a point forward.
Personally I think we have 3 schollies and if Clifton Moore wants to jump aboard as we will take him

NU needs great kids like Eastern. His skill set would be a perfect fit on our team at this time. And he would be making a fantastic life decision for himself by going to NU and getting a world-class education right in his hometown Chicago area .

Glad to hear he is a great kid. Hope he chooses NU and plays in the new Stadium.

Excuse my fascination with this. Here's the latest ... https://www.prephoops.com/2016/10/nojel-eastern-video-3/ from Sunday.

There's something in his recruitment that he continues to hold back on. I assume it has nothing to do with NU. He continues to say academics are important, but then just completed a visit to Seton Hall.

I just can't believe a decision still hasn't been made more than a month after his visit to MSU, and more than two months after Purdue. OSU is this weekend.

If he is no longer interested in NU that's too bad but it may be to close to home for him. He likely would be an instant impact player at NU

Remember this?

Remember this?
Yup, most of it is message board nonsense, by people with no direct knowledge of the situation.See any posts from Haywood or other people or other insiders in here? Uh, no., But thanks for dredging up old posts, though!

Yup, most of it is message board nonsense, by people with no direct knowledge of the situation.See any posts from Haywood or other people or other insiders in here? Uh, no., But thanks for dredging up old posts, though!

Hey everyone, unless you are Haywood, you are useless per mike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT