ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern’s Guard play? Can we do anything different? What do you see?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
I see Mac as needing help in the backcourt! Also, once we our on the offensive front, we need to pass more, as Mac turns the ball over too much down the stretch. Mac is our best shooting and passing guard, but is overwhelmed in our one guard lineup. Scottie is a small forward who cannot keep up with defensive pressure on an opponent. We have won several of our close games using two or more guards. I want a two guard lineup with Mac and Ash for 30 minutes and Brown for twenty minutes. Brown may be our best scoring guard and I love his improvements on the defensive front. Falzon lost the Georgia Tech game when the guard ran right by him. Skelly is too slow for the BT! Just watch how much we have improved with the defensive play since Georgia Tech! Ash is very athletic and we need him thirty minutes a game.

I see Mac as needing help in the backcourt! Also, once we our on the offensive front, we need to pass more, as Mac turns the ball over too much down the stretch. Mac is our best shooting and passing guard, but is overwhelmed in our one guard lineup. Scottie is a small forward who cannot keep up with defensive pressure on an opponent. We have won several of our close games using two or more guards. I want a two guard lineup with Mac and Ash for 30 minutes and Brown for twenty minutes. Brown may be our best scoring guard and I love his improvements on the defensive front. Falzon lost the Georgia Tech game when the guard ran right by him. Skelly is too slow for the BT! Just watch how much we have improved with the defensive play since Georgia Tech! Ash is very athletic and we need him thirty minutes a game.
I think it is pretty simple. We need BMac to play like he did his first three years for us! What the heck has happened to him/his swagger/his confidence/his jump shot?? I wish he would watch replays of all his highlights over his first three years when he kicked some serious tush for us and hit virtually every clutch shot available! This is the Achilles that we have right now that can be healed fairly quickly if presented to CC: What can we do to get BMac back on track?? If we do, I think we can make a run for the BIG title outright or even the BIG tourney at the end of the season. He is one of the best ever at NU- I just hope he can recapture the magic!!

I think it is pretty simple. We need BMac to play like he did his first three years for us! What the heck has happened to him/his swagger/his confidence/his jump shot?? I wish he would watch replays of all his highlights over his first three years when he kicked some serious tush for us and hit virtually every clutch shot available! This is the Achilles that we have right now that can be healed fairly quickly if presented to CC: What can we do to get BMac back on track?? If we do, I think we can make a run for the BIG title outright or even the BIG tourney at the end of the season. He is one of the best ever at NU- I just hope he can recapture the magic!!
Bmac needs more support from another guard! It is too much pressure on Mac to run a single guard offense! Ash and Mac will be solid,but we need more Brown also

The other guard is Scottie Lindsey and he bailed out the ‘cats with 25 points on Saturday afternoon. How much more help does NU need? It sure won’t come from Ash who has 12 points in 12 games.

Some body commented that the book on NU is to pressure BMac more to upset the straw that stirs the drink. It may simply be that more pressure upsets his personal game more than his team game.

I'm repeating myself, but I think BMac is a better leader and better defender this year, versus years prior.

His offensive game hasn't evolved that much since his sophomore year, but his point guard play and distribution was excellent then and continues to be excellent.

His shooting is good, not great...even after making adjustments to his shot after his sophomore year. There's nothing wrong with his mechanics. He drives well.

He came to NU a bit older than typical frosh so perhaps his game was more finished. That's not the case on D where he's gotten much, much better.

I'll take a BMac on his shittiest day versus anyone on the bench and pretty much any other NU point guard in the last 40 years save two or three. On his good days, he's he best at NU ever.

L
I'm repeating myself, but I think BMac is a better leader and better defender this year, versus years prior.

His offensive game hasn't evolved that much since his sophomore year, but his point guard play and distribution was excellent then and continues to be excellent.

His shooting is good, not great...even after making adjustments to his shot after his sophomore year. There's nothing wrong with his mechanics. He drives well.

He came to NU a bit older than typical frosh so perhaps his game was more finished. That's not the case on D where he's gotten much, much better.

I'll take a BMac on his shittiest day versus anyone on the bench and pretty much any other NU point guard in the last 40 years save two or three. On his good days, he's he best at NU ever.
Luckily for me and true NU fans, CC tries to keep an open mind. CC put Ash on DePaul’s best player who torched NU for 33 points when the game is on the line and Ash stopped him from shooting! Everyone on this board will tell u, hands down, Ash is our best defensive guard!

My two guard lineup worked very, very well. Mac was outstanding as he had more support. Each guard played 25 minutes and we spanked em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT