ADVERTISEMENT

Not Much of an Update on Maceo Austin

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
So I guess NU won't be retiring Pardon's jersey.

Com' on, Maceo!! Do I really need to give you all the reasons for NU?

Can't fault a kid for making all the allowed visits. You want players who are in demand and who make an informed choice.

Not faulting anyone. Just saying it’s never a good omen when the kid doesn’t commit during the visit.

I believe it was written on this board (so it must be true) that he wants to announce on his birthday, October 4th. So even if he did commit he ain't talking!

That would be welcome news. In the past, most non-commits during visits don’t go our direction.

I don’t remember...
I checked....Nance committted 2 days after his visit, Kopp 6 days. So your point is well taken.

Actually, according to the Rivals database, Gaines and Falzon are the only current Wildcat to have visited NU other than Kopp and Nance before he committed. Pardon, Young, Greer, Benson, and Law didn't visit or came after they committed (Law). Falzon committed 10 days after his official, Gaines 4 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
committing on the visit is rare. even if they do - there is often a big delay in announcing so kids can handle all things on their end. they usually call all the other schools who recruited them and then tell those coaches before the news is broke. sometimes that takes a day or two. same with aau coaches and school coaches. some want to put together a video or presentation. some want to do it at their school at a press conference... etc

Haywood just curious what the buzz is on the guys who likely will commit. U can share this on the rock if u prefer

there is probably a strong chance that NU ends up with 3, or all 4 of the recruits that have been mentioned on the board
I assume that is above and beyond Buie? 3 or 4 from Sec 112's post today? That would be a heck of a class along with last years class and give this team a lot of young talent.

there is probably a strong chance that NU ends up with 3, or all 4 of the recruits that have been mentioned on the board

Are those 3 or 4 in addition to Buie or including him?

Huge difference. This junkie needs clarification.

GOUNUII

I believe it was written on this board (so it must be true) that he wants to announce on his birthday, October 4th. So even if he did commit he ain't talking!

I posted this. I got it from Twitter (I think one of his coaches’ accounts). So it’s definitely true.

Why do I feel like we're being told something without directly being told? Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see here.

There have been several “strong possibilities” over the past few years that just haven’t quite gone NU’s way. I think the NU appeal is as strong as any of the schools we are competing with for Jones, Austin and Beran, but I’m not going to count my chickens until they verbally commit.

There have been several “strong possibilities” over the past few years that just haven’t quite gone NU’s way. I think the NU appeal is as strong as any of the schools we are competing with for Jones, Austin and Beran, but I’m not going to count my chickens until they verbally commit.
Yeah, but sometimes you have to look at the messenger as well as the message.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT