ADVERTISEMENT

(Not So Fake) On the Lake

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
A pretty humorous take on NU's lakefront facilities from Football Scoop after a video was posted of the Lakefront project:

http://footballscoop.com/news/northwesterns-new-facility-might-gorgeous-good/

I’ve said this before, and it’s, sadly, too late at this point to do anything about it. But the concern remains: Northwestern’s new football facility may be too gorgeous for its own good.

Bumping up against the shore of Lake Michigan, with a postcard view of the Chicago skyline in the distance, players can’t possibly be expected to focus on that week’s game plan when they’re standing on the closest thing college football will ever have to Pebble Beach. If every Wildcat was exactly like me, Northwestern would never win another game. The views are just too good.

In reality, Northwestern is highly anticipating the opening of its $260 million, 500,000-square foot facility next year.

“These lakefront athletic facilities are an absolute game-changer for our football program and our entire department,” Pat Fitzgerald says in the video below.

A pretty humorous take on NU's lakefront facilities from Football Scoop after a video was posted of the Lakefront project:

http://footballscoop.com/news/northwesterns-new-facility-might-gorgeous-good/

I’ve said this before, and it’s, sadly, too late at this point to do anything about it. But the concern remains: Northwestern’s new football facility may be too gorgeous for its own good.

Bumping up against the shore of Lake Michigan, with a postcard view of the Chicago skyline in the distance, players can’t possibly be expected to focus on that week’s game plan when they’re standing on the closest thing college football will ever have to Pebble Beach. If every Wildcat was exactly like me, Northwestern would never win another game. The views are just too good.

In reality, Northwestern is highly anticipating the opening of its $260 million, 500,000-square foot facility next year.

“These lakefront athletic facilities are an absolute game-changer for our football program and our entire department,” Pat Fitzgerald says in the video below.

The animations inside the facility are pretty cool. No doubt this is what they are showing recruits now, and as each piece of steel goes up it becomes all the more tangible.

But what if they have attention deficit disorder? I would stare all day out the windows and screw up something.
It is more motivation to be great. It is going to make a difference in many ways.

But what if they have attention deficit disorder? I would stare all day out the windows and screw up something.

I remember attending Glenbrook South the year it opened. It was one of the first air-conditioned high schools in the area and didn't have windows in the classroom because they said they were a distraction and, besides, they weren't needed with the air conditioning. Only problem was, the air conditioning didn't work about half the time that year. Didn't like that building at all.

How about going to the library the first time frosh year or taking a class in the library where the room's window looked out onto the Chicago skyline. Not much focus was going on. Man are we lucky to have the campus we have and its location.

Reactions: NUCat320
The animations inside the facility are pretty cool. No doubt this is what they are showing recruits now, and as each piece of steel goes up it becomes all the more tangible.

So the video is literally a fake. ;)

Maybe the facility is fake after all, and the earth really is flat.

I remember attending Glenbrook South the year it opened. It was one of the first air-conditioned high schools in the area and didn't have windows in the classroom because they said they were a distraction and, besides, they weren't needed with the air conditioning. Only problem was, the air conditioning didn't work about half the time that year. Didn't like that building at all.
It didn't work in the 90s, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT