ADVERTISEMENT

NU in hunt for Bama transfer guard

Wink (and many others) left under O’Neill’s watch in the late 90s.

KO was the worst.
Thanks but sure seemed like others left the program under Carmody. Liberman? Then there was the kid from U of Chicago Lab School, Mike Turner. Also Ajou and Abrahamson? Just trying to show that kids leave NU for many reasons and to much is being made of the recent three guys to are transferring. Let's just wait who CC replaces them with. After all the Cats finished last with them playing last season.

Last edited:
Thanks but sure seemed like others left the program under Carmody. Liberman? Then there was the kid from U of Chicago Lab School, Mike Turner. Also Ajou and Abrahamson? Just trying to show that kids leave NU for many reasons and to much is being made of the recent three guys to are transferring. Let's just wait who CC replaces them with. After all the Cats finished last with them playing last season.

A bit of unnecessary snark and bunch of ramble here.

To top it off I made no mention or judgement of CC, only Kevin O’Neill.

I guess that’s what I get for pointing out historical information...

FWIW, several of the players you mentioned were Carmody recruits that transfered under Collins watch. Again, not a judgement on CC (players transferring is common), simply stating facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Smithee
Considering Bama fired Avery Johnson, I wonder if Lewis could get a hardship waiver and be available immediately. Although announcing the transfer before the firing could hurt that argument...
He could claim insider information

FWIW, several of the players you mentioned were Carmody recruits that transfered under Collins watch. Again, not a judgement on CC (players transferring is common), simply stating facts.

Under Carmody it wasn’t just the benchwarmers or graduate transfers that left. You had starters quit basketball straight up without even transferring. Kevin Coble and Michael Thompson (the Duke transfer) come to mind.

Reactions: hdhntr1

Sorry you can't take a compliment. Also I was just stating that players transfer and it doesn't matter who the coach was. Thanks again.

Sorry you can't take a compliment. Also I was just stating that players transfer and it doesn't matter who the coach was. Thanks again.

Willy,

When someone starts a out response with “thanks but” and doesn’t address/glosses over the content of the post they are responding to, the original poster will often interpret that retort as dismissive or snarky.

If that’s not what you meant to do, my apologies.

The funny thing here is that we agree. My pointing out Wink was to show that players have transferred before Collins and Carmody. One can go back even further back to the Foster era, but I know you are aware of that situation as well.

Also, Kevin Oneill is still the worst.

Under Carmody it wasn’t just the benchwarmers or graduate transfers that left. You had starters quit basketball straight up without even transferring. Kevin Coble and Michael Thompson (the Duke transfer) come to mind.

Yes, players transferred under Carmody.

Coble’s situation was noted above and MT1 had a heart condition (which was also pointed out).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT