ADVERTISEMENT

NU is trying to improve concessions at Ryan

Probably about 25 years too late... now let's just wait for them to run out of things in the second quarter instead of the third.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
I was told that the coffee in the stadium will be Starbucks. Here's a link to the other new cuisine to be served:

https://nusports.sodexomyway.com/concessions/ryan-field.html

And you will get a chance to taste this new "Signature Cuisine" at the Meet the Team Night on Aug 25th: LINK

4Hc-Ktd8lhwkTg6mnGpRUVs-VLxYBWusjfpZMpYaJlh-jD_omx9a8VkT_ehnpsOUvqdFCzTOxfe0eeXYz5-Xh50U2t9hOtfiZ07ujfAyY7mfVIm5p5_dOHuOYR-IltKnDO9K1sE=s0-d-e1-ft

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
This is out of control...first the potholes, now concessions, if the OL somehow comes together, poor Willy will have nothing to complain about!

Just wait, I've heard from two sources they are going to remodel Ryan Field in the coming years. My bet would be after Welsh-Ryan is complete they will do some level of upgrade but I have no idea how extensive, only that its happening.

So you want to downsize Ryan Field further?
Why not it's already the smallest stadium in the Big Ten, so let's see if they can make it smaller then any MAC venue. Heck your only next door to one of the largest cities in the U.S., so ten or twelve thousand should do it.

I don't know why people like Stanford stadium. Sterile feeling new stadium, with lots of seats high in the end zones. By comparison it is better than the old stadium, which had terrible sight lines, a giant flat bowl with a running track that pushed seats away from the field, but really for a new stadium...meh

I would prefer the old stadium history, and outside, with better seating and sight lines inside. Maybe more premium seating on the east and west side, skyboxes etc. I bet more "donor" seating comes out of the sausage machine of athletic fundraising

IMG Academy did a workout at TCU when we played DeSoto, wasn't that impressed. If I picked a stadium it would be McLane Stadium of Baylor. Especially if it was built on the lake
http://baylor-stadium.com

Good call Mr Jango. I believe TCU and Stanford were refurbished and Baylor was brand new. Was looking for an approximately 50,000 stadium. Either way, IMO we need a Weslsh Ryan type of upgrade as the last piece of the facilities puzzle.

Good call Mr Jango. I believe TCU and Stanford were refurbished and Baylor was brand new. Was looking for an approximately 50,000 stadium. Either way, IMO we need a Weslsh Ryan type of upgrade as the last piece of the facilities puzzle.
Stanford was brand new. The old bowl was demolished and the more compact current structure erected in its place.

"Immediately following the 2005 season, the stadium was demolished and rebuilt as a dual-deck concrete structure, without a track. Today, it seats 50,424."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_Stadium

McLane Stadium over looking the lake would be one of the nicest in the Nation. I know there is no space on the lake but a man can dream.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I was told that the coffee in the stadium will be Starbucks. Here's a link to the other new cuisine to be served:

https://nusports.sodexomyway.com/concessions/ryan-field.html

I do not believe I have ever purchased anything from an NU concession stand but I can understand complaints about poor quality food . I gave up my season tickets to both the Redskins and the Nationals because of expensive poor quality food served inefficiently (Nationals)

If it cost $260 Million to build on Texas it would cost >$600 Million in Illinois!!!
I think well north of $1Bn cause of the amount of earth that would need to be moved. Plus you'd probably need to line a few politician's pockets in order to get permitting to build there.

If we could build a stadium out on the lakefill though that would be the coolest thing ever. Parking and traffic logistics also a nightmare though. Alas, these will stay as dreams.

I think well north of $1Bn cause of the amount of earth that would need to be moved. Plus you'd probably need to line a few politician's pockets in order to get permitting to build there.

If we could build a stadium out on the lakefill though that would be the coolest thing ever. Parking and traffic logistics also a nightmare though. Alas, these will stay as dreams.

I wouldn't be worried about traffic and parking for a lakefill stadium. The only person who'd donate enough to qualify for a parking pass is Pat Ryan.

I wouldn't be worried about traffic and parking for a lakefill stadium. The only person who'd donate enough to qualify for a parking pass is Pat Ryan.
You would have to name the Parking Lot after him too.

Lots of good restaurants in Evanston and the surrounding areas; don't know why they didn't do this kind of thing sooner (as for Starbuck's - eh, years late and Starbuck's coffee is OK, but hardly great).

I just got back from a vacation with my wife to northern California. I spent a day in Berkeley. I read the student newspaper to find out that their athletic department is over $800 million in the red. Their AD just resigned in shame and they are thinking of ending several of their 30 different athletic programs. To help make some more money, they are going to start selling beer at football and basketball games. They also are ending a old program such that the freshmen no longer get free tickets to games. This all come as attendance for football games is down 10% over the past five years. Our game attendance has never been better as far as I have heard. I just thought I'd share this with everybody. Cal is a rival of NU in sports and academics. It just goes to show how much better our AD/athletic department is. Instead of being in hundreds of millions in debt- we are building new facility mansions/stadiums on the lake and neck high in cash from boosters. I wish NU sold beer at its games too- but never will. I do remember when I was a student at NU, we got in for free and snuck beer kegs into games in the student sections. Frat tailgaiters also enjoyed flowing kegs of beer in the parking lots as well. Those seasons were low on wins for the team- but fun for the fans.

I just got back from a vacation with my wife to northern California. I spent a day in Berkeley. I read the student newspaper to find out that their athletic department is over $800 million in the red. Their AD just resigned in shame and they are thinking of ending several of their 30 different athletic programs. To help make some more money, they are going to start selling beer at football and basketball games. They also are ending a old program such that the freshmen no longer get free tickets to games. This all come as attendance for football games is down 10% over the past five years. Our game attendance has never been better as far as I have heard. I just thought I'd share this with everybody. Cal is a rival of NU in sports and academics. It just goes to show how much better our AD/athletic department is. Instead of being in hundreds of millions in debt- we are building new facility mansions/stadiums on the lake and neck high in cash from boosters. I wish NU sold beer at its games too- but never will. I do remember when I was a student at NU, we got in for free and snuck beer kegs into games in the student sections. Frat tailgaiters also enjoyed flowing kegs of beer in the parking lots as well. Those seasons were low on wins for the team- but fun for the fans.

Cal made some terrible decisions on stadium financing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...bears-athletics-debt-service-finances-revenue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT