ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ MSU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Happy Wednesday!

After climbing into the CFB Top 10, the Cats control their destiny as the season enters its home stretch.

Thanksgiving Saturday's match won't be a game for a hat, but instead for a broom--a sweep against the East Division.

My guess:

Green men 13
Purple Cats 28

Have a safe, Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

Cats 17, Sparty 10

Rocky Lombardi comes on late and leads a drive that falls just short, ending at the NU 10. Afterward, reporters ask Lombardi if it was a moral victory. He says no, because "winning isn't everything it's the only thing"...

Reactions: rmndcat
I'm about as bullish as can be going into this game, so who knows. The team knows they control their destiny (Fitz acknowledged as much), so I don't expect a letdown here.

28-10 NU

Now that there's actually a contest where people are keeping track of predictions, I'm going to take the time to look at this from every angle...

Never mind: gut says NU wins 20-6.

Now that there's actually a contest where people are keeping track of predictions, I'm going to take the time to look at this from every angle...

Thanks to DaCat for doing the maths. As a Medillo, I am mostly good for asking questions.

I have been predicting close games for the past few weeks. Time to go with a “blowout”:

NU 27
MSU 6

I, too, did not realize there was a prediction tracker charting us as prognosticators. I don't think I've even picked a game since the Iowa game (?). So I'll end that here...

NU - 24
MSU - 13

We remain 13.5 point favorites and will cover easily. MSU's only T.D. comes in gabage time. 'Cats win 31 - 10

I, too, did not realize there was a prediction tracker charting us as prognosticators. I don't think I've even picked a game since the Iowa game (?). So I'll end that here...

NU - 24
MSU - 13
I think someone else did the tabulating in a few prior years, don't remember who, but we haven't been doing it the past few seasons. Since this is such a fun season -- yes, winning is fun -- I thought I'd pick up the scorekeeping for now. Maybe Matt Fitz might even start picking the Cats.

We remain 13.5 point favorites and will cover easily. MSU's only T.D. comes in gabage time. 'Cats win 31 - 10

Defense gives up 1 FG on a short field. And 1 TD early. Spartans lead at the half.

Cats dominate the 2nd half and win 23-10.

GOUNUII

Defense gives up 1 FG on a short field. And 1 TD early. Spartans lead at the half.

Cats dominate the 2nd half and win 23-10.

GOUNUII
What? No second half shutout for the Cats? A feat we've accomplished in 4 of 5 games. (An amazing feat when one thinks about it).

NU - 31, MSU - 7

Backups play from mid 3rd quarter.

Always wondered what it would be like to have dominant DBs. Will Newsome have more ints and breakups than pis? Tune in Saturday to find out! Also hope to see Pace knock the cleats off somebody. GO CATS!

Fast start again, but offense stalls in balance of first half. Head to lockers tied 7 - 7. Better offensive play in 2nd half leads to 17 points, but give up a late TD in garbage time due to inability to run the ball and salt away the clock:

NU - 24
MSU - 17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT