ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
So, after a short week, it's prediction time again.

The UTEP Miners come to Evanston for the Cats' home opener.

The Cats are slightly favored in this one against a fellow sometime member of the Bottom 10, but there are still a lot of questions about how the team will shape up.

UTEP 13
NU 16

Can we do better than 12 yds on the ground. Can win the turnover battle?
If no than
UTEP. 20
NU. 10

Close win for the Cats. Take the under. Defense looks like it can do a decent job. O is hopeless but does just enough

Reactions: rmndcat
So the word on the UTEP board is that UTEP's flight was delayed by 5 hours, so their flight didn't arrive until, oh, about now.

If it were an 11:00 AM kickoff, that might be a real advantage for the 'Cats!

A mighty wind. Saw on ESPN2 just prior to Illini game, Cats -1. Just feel that momentum
NU 18
UTEP 16
We beat the spread

Reactions: drewjin
At home, if we score 17+ we win.
I think our defense will be better in this game but the lack of offense continues to be a major issue. We will be uncompetitive in all BT games this season if the offensive drought persists.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheC
I reluctantly picked the Cats to lose last week. They clearly confirmed my doubts. They showed little to instill confidence, although the D seemed to get its act together. Still have trouble seeing a victory:

UTEP 21
NU 14

Once again, hope I am very wrong.

And in case anyone's wondering, the 27 is not because of two FG's, it's because of a missed PAT. 😄

My prediction looked good at the half (close win, take under) then Jake stepped put of the phone booth without his Clark Kent garb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT