ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ UW Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
NU by some measures outperfomed Iowa last week despite losing 10-7 on a late field goal at Wrigley Field. It seems clear this team is significantly better than last year's, especially on defense, but bowl eligibility is still elusive.

The Cats get another chance in Camp Randal on Saturday. That's not as daunting a propect as it has been in past years. The Badgers beat a solid Rutgers team that beat the Cats in the season opener, but were notably less successful defending against Iowa's offense and lost to then-two-win Indiana last week. The Cats have a fighter's chance and this being the B1G West, expect another rock fight.

Robert LaFollette 13
George McGovern 17

Last edited:
I think the Cats will score more this week than last week; in the 10-17 range. The question is what sort of offense will Wiscy have. If Allen and Mordecai aren’t available, I think the Cats win 16 to 10. If either Allen or Mordecai are back and close to 100%, then Wiscy wins 17-16. If they are both back, Wiscy wins 21-13. In any case, take the under. I don’t see these offenses scoring 42 points.

Reactions: rmndcat
This is the game the ‘Cats aren’t supposed to win, but do. No score prediction. I was at last night’s game, so here’s to a double win weekend.

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
Cats manage to win, somehow….
It all depends on the offense. Our defense has been playing good enough to win but our offense has been inconsistent. If our offense shows up and scores some td’s, then:
NU 24, Wisconsin 17.
Cats Win! Cats Win!

I think our offense did better than expected {well at least in the 1st half) though I managed to predict our 24 offensive points correctly. Our defense really did shut down the Badgers, they were lucky to score their td at the end. The Badgers looked lifeless out there today. We played with gusto and got the job done.
Cats Win! Cats Win!! (as I predicted!) 😊

Cats manage to win, somehow….
It all depends on the offense. Our defense has been playing good enough to win but our offense has been inconsistent. If our offense shows up and scores some td’s, then:
NU 24, Wisconsin 17.
Cats Win! Cats Win!
Another good one!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT