ADVERTISEMENT

PU @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Back in the days when the Big Ten was filled with Legendary Leaders, there was a protected annual rivalry between NU and PU. There was little reason to it, but every year the two schools were ordained to meet, even while NU missed real rivals like Wisconsin or Iowa. And NU still meets PU every year in the Western Division. On Saturday, the two teams meet again in what might be the last game at NU's home stadium in its current form...a stadium that harkens back to the time of Legendary Leaders, to the time of Walker and Barnett, through the Dark Ages, to Ara, to hosting Al Capone.

As for the present, NU had a dominant win against the Badgers last week in their house, while a resurgent PU managed a third win on the season. With a win, NU clinches bowl eligibility. If it plays like it did last week, it should be favored.

PU 10
NU 28

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me? Is purdue any good? What will we face as difficulty Saturday? They aren't going to a bowl this year, so will they be like a freight train out of hell or the little sisters of the poor? Without this info I cannot make a prediction. All I know is that card is their qb a transfer, best rb is good and former walkon, and their new coach is illini former dc whiz. ....and they are favored over nu by 3 or 4. I watched some of their game vs Minnesota. Fleck looked in grave pain

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
I think Bryant will be totally dialed in these next two games. He didn't get too banged up last week so he shouldn't be unreasonable sore or gimpy. I'm sure he believes he can still make an impression to get a look from the pros, he didn't keep changing schools for the tourism. He wants to be seen.

Cats 37
Boilers 21

Defense wins this one for us - same score as last week. 'Cats humble Boilers 24 - 10.

In a division with monumentally challenged offenses, NU and Purdue both showed real competence at moving the ball last week. Card and Bryant both had outstanding games. Purdue's execution, and particularly its OLine play, was exceptional. With good weather predicted, this will not be a West Division snoozefest, and the outcome will likely rest on who can score TD's rather than FG's on their red zone trips. I like the Cats, but by a narrow margin, 31-27. Take the over, by the way.

Reactions: rmndcat and drewjin
I am finally feeling confident about our team. I really like coach Braun and I think he a really good fit for NU.

NU 24
PU 10

Reactions: DrillCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT