ADVERTISEMENT

UI @ NU @ Elwood's House Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The Cats revived their bowl hopes by outplaying the visiting Terps last week, including a Player of the Week performance from Aidan Hubbard. Back at .500, NU hosts Iowa in a home-away-from-home game at the friendly confines of 1060 W. Addison Street. The Cats just need to split the next 4 games to go bowling...even winning one might be sufficient for an APR dance pass, given NU's high APR rating.

With NU keeping Nebraska and an aggressive Maryland offense off their season averages, and with Iowa's notorious offensive struggles, a low-scoring game seems likely.

Pink 13
Purple 17

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Iowa miraculously scores three touchdowns now that Ferentz is history, but even more miraculously, NU wins - including a kickoff return by Mr Henning - when Iowa finds out their underused kicker sucks and he misses an extra point while NU kicks three field goals including the game winner as time expires.

NU - 23
Io_a - 20

Iowa: Negative 10
Cats: Negative 14

All scores come off turnovers, with the almost hapless Hawks prevailing by four over the nearly clawless Cats.

Reactions: rmndcat
so how do the iowa boys respond to the fact that Ferentz the Younger will not return? I say the offense scores zero points to let the University know they made the correct decision and actually do worse giving up a safety...and NU 2- Iwa...Zip

The Cats revived their bowl hopes by outplaying the visiting Terps last week, including a Player of the Week performance from Aidan Hubbard. Back at .500, NU hosts Iowa in a home-away-from-home game at the friendly confines of 1060 W. Addison Street. The Cats just need to split the next 4 games to go bowling...even winning one might be sufficient for an APR dance pass, given NU's high APR rating.

With NU keeping Nebraska and an aggressive Maryland offense off its season average, and with Iowa's notorious offensive struggles, a low-scoring game seems likely.

Pink 13
Purple 17
Except that those confines have not been particularly friendly to NU so far

Cats 24 - Hawks 20

Revised due to playcalling will be conservative in Wrigley - Cats 17 Hawks 13.

Sullivan the Partyvan with his 2nd B10 victory! Go Cats!!!

Last edited:
so how do the iowa boys respond to the fact that Ferentz the Younger will not return? I say the offense scores zero points to let the University know they made the correct decision and actually do worse giving up a safety...and NU 2- Iwa...Zip
The other option is that they’re energized merely by the prospect of that nepo-baby being gone.

However, being that they’re still hemmed in by that nepo-baby’s offense and the fact that their quarterback is a tree who can’t throw, they’ll be reliant on a score from defense and special teams.

I expect that NU will not allow 20 first-half points, as they did last year.

Hilinski lost his confidence because big guys were beating on him.
Sullivan seems more willing to endure the pounding, but in the Nebraska game he was definitely "unsettled."
Made some improvements in the Maryland game against a lesser defense.
Lack of time will rattle most quarterbacks, getting pummeled rattles nearly all of them.

You can only do so much with a 3-step drop, pocket collapsing scenario. I think it could help to get Sullivan out in space to buy time and look for guys improvising down the field. He can always run from there, but priority 1 should be to look for home runs and hope something good happens.

Hilinski should prepare to play, given Iowa's tendency to headhunt.

Hilinski lost his confidence because big guys were beating on him.
Sullivan seems more willing to endure the pounding, but in the Nebraska game he was definitely "unsettled."
Made some improvements in the Maryland game against a lesser defense.
Lack of time will rattle most quarterbacks, getting pummeled rattles nearly all of them.

You can only do so much with a 3-step drop, pocket collapsing scenario. I think it could help to get Sullivan out in space to buy time and look for guys improvising down the field. He can always run from there, but priority 1 should be to look for home runs and hope something good happens.

Hilinski should prepare to play, given Iowa's tendency to headhunt.
Yep, that is why the game tomorrow concerns me. That Iowa defense is at a very different level than Maryland. The good news is that Iowa's offense is nowhere near the level of Maryland, so hopefully Sully won't have to do very much.

I think if we were to play this at Ryan we would win, but we have been rather unsuccessful at Wrigley - less than normal energy and focus. So I predict Iowa 13, NU 9. If we were to play at Ryan, I would reverse that score.

NU - 17
Cowhawks - 14

IMHO, the team is MUCH better than they were the past two seasons and they look like they're improving. Coach Braun has taught them how to fight to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT