ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Penn State second-half thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Let's see if the Cats can close this one out...

Law replaces Lindsey in lineup. Big start for Cats in 4-0 run in 58 seconds.

Great start to the half. Mac with a couple of nice assists, one to Olah, one to Demps on the break. Olah with a tip leading to the steal. Law with his 7th rebound.

I'd be happier if we'd syretched this lead out a bit more. We've had chances to do so.

Cats offense has lacked any form of dribble penetration right now, it's time for McIntosh to try to make some plays off high screens

Olah block ties the record! and leads to a fastbreak 3 by Law. He needs 1 rebound for his double double. Go Cats!

And just like that, back to back 3s by Demps and Law put the Cats back up by 10. Newbill returning at 8:52

Olah finally makes one of those 10-12 footers from the baseline. Lead up to 12. Mac with the assist.

Give us credit-- no BIG victory is an easy victory-- but man was Penn State horrendous today.

Does anyone see the development of the defense in addition to the frosh. The game plan against the Gophers was to limit Andre Hollins. I would imagine the game plan this afternoon was to contain DJ Newbill. Good coaching going on.

It was just nice to get a win over Penn State. We've usually played like crap against them, even when we've had the relatively good teams with Shurna, Coble etc. When they hit four wide-open three-pointers against us to open the game and again when they crept within 38-34 in the second half, I thought we might be true to form against them again. The coaches and players did a great job to extend the zone after Penn State's initial flurry, giving them fewer open looks. They'd certainly better not leave the Indiana shooters open in the next game, or it could be a long night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT