ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ RU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Wednesday comes again...tempting to expect a double-digit margin on Saturday, but where's the fun in that...

NU 21
RU 13

I'm more confident in this result than I will be in any other game this season:

38-10

Cats 41
Knights 13

28-3 at the half. Fitz plays under-classman in the second half in an effort to remain classy.

Got the Wildcat half of my prediction right last week, so what the hell...I’ll double down.

Chicago’s B1G Team - 34
Jersey Boys - 20

Reactions: ubercat
Mostly because we play so well on the road, I predict we actually beat the 20+ point spread: NU 31, RU 10. Of course, the crowd may be so small and rather purplish, the Cats may think they are at home and play like it.

I see Fitz using this game to establish (practice) the run game, so NU will only pass when necessary and many drives will stall. Scoring will be kept in check.

NU 20
RU 10

NU 49
RU 7

Bombs away!

(I truly though NU beat Rutgers last year, but I guess that was the other short-sighted nondescript conference addition to stake a small claim to a major tv market.)

Rutgers owns the all time series, 3-0.

I see Fitz using this game to establish (practice) the run game, so NU will only pass when necessary and many drives will stall. Scoring will be kept in check.

NU 20
RU 10
Seriously - who will run it? Hanaoka? Superbacks?

Take the points

After Nebraska, having called it so close to what actually happened, I feel like I've got this prediction thing nailed. Except how do you predict a Jeckyll and Hyde team? I have no clue what we will do against Wiscy and ND, although this game may provide insight into that . If we play down to Rutgers and finish within 3 points or less, regardless of the score, we will beat Wisconsin, and if we beat Wisconsin we will beat ND. So, Purple 35, Scarlet 32. If we blow out Rutgers, I worry.

Paul Lynde 38
James Gandolfini 13
Interesting fact--Paul Lynde's classmates were, Cloris Leachman, Charlotte Rae, Patricia Neal, Jeffrey Hunter and Claude Akins.

James Gandolfini worked as a bouncer.

Gandolfini parlayed that into a lot more than Hollywood Squares.

Let's hope the Cats parlay the game tomorrow into more than a game show.

Reactions: ubercat
Interesting fact--Paul Lynde's classmates were, Cloris Leachman, Charlotte Rae, Patricia Neal, Jeffrey Hunter and Claude Akins.

James Gandolfini worked as a bouncer.

Gandolfini parlayed that into a lot more than Hollywood Squares.

Let's hope the Cats parlay the game tomorrow into more than a game show.
More interesting facts:
“Cloris Leachman is an American actress and comedian. In a career spanning over seven decades she has won eight Primetime Emmy Awards, a Daytime Emmy Award, and an Academy Award for her role in The Last Picture Show. As Miss Chicago, Leachman competed in the 20th Miss America pageant and placed in the Top 16 in 1946.”
James Gandolfini never would have placed in any beauty contest.

Wednesday comes again...tempting to expect a double-digit margin on Saturday, but where's the fun in that...

NU 21
RU 13
There is such a thing as too much fun. Just glad for the win to keep the Cats tied for first in the division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT