ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ Stanford Game Time?

LACatFan

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Any scuttlebutt on the likely time slot for the NU @ Stanford game? Travel planning is becoming a bit of a head scratcher without. With my luck I'll book flights for Sat AM and then the PAC-12 will announce an 11AM (Pacific) kick-off.

the last days of May have traditionally contained the day when the first 3 weeks of game times are announced for the upcoming season.

Anticipate getting this specific gametime near the end of the week.

Reactions: LACatFan
the last days of May have traditionally contained the day when the first 3 weeks of game times are announced for the upcoming season.

Anticipate getting this specific gametime near the end of the week.

Good tip. Thanks.

Reactions: rmndcat
(SI) Golden Nugget Releases Opening Lines for Top 2019 College Football Games:

Northwestern at Stanford (-6)

Must be because of the Game Time advantage for Stanford

I think the last time we broke in a new QB against Stanford we were underdogs too, no? Looking forward to a repeat breakout performance by our new QB this year.

I think the last time we broke in a new QB against Stanford we were underdogs too, no? Looking forward to a repeat breakout performance by our new QB this year.
Yeah we were ~9 pt underdogs at home I believe. Think the ML paid about +300?

This line gives us a little more respect than that, but, uh.... I like our chances to cover.

(SI) Golden Nugget Releases Opening Lines for Top 2019 College Football Games:

Northwestern at Stanford (-6)

Must be because of the Game Time advantage for Stanford

This line means the game would be a pick 'em at Ryan Field. Does that seem so off?

This line means the game would be a pick 'em at Ryan Field. Does that seem so off?
It wasn’t the QB that shined. It was the defense, keeping the Trees, including McCaffrey, out of the end zone.

I plan on spending a few extra days in the Bay Area . My wife will be accompanying me and refuses to stay in San Francisco( She was appalled on her last visit with the filth, drug use etc)
I was thinking of possibly staying in Santa Cruz or on the Monterrey Peninsula and just driving in for the game. Any suggestions for better location closer to Stanford ?

My pedantic comment is that since the game is in August, it will start at 1 PDT, not PST.
This drives me crazy... in the middle of the summer, people using EST when it’s *usually* EDT.

I counter this *not* by writing EDT, but by simply going with ‘Eastern’.

I plan on spending a few extra days in the Bay Area . My wife will be accompanying me and refuses to stay in San Francisco( She was appalled on her last visit with the filth, drug use etc)
I was thinking of possibly staying in Santa Cruz or on the Monterrey Peninsula and just driving in for the game. Any suggestions for better location closer to Stanford ?
Spindrift Inn in Monterrey is nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT