ADVERTISEMENT

NU v. Ball State Second-Half Thread

Very disappointed in this game plan. It started with the idea to just run a conservative play book and keep it on the ground. It gives Thorson no experience and beats up our team. We actually have to fall behind to get PO'ed and put some points on the board. This is not a new issue and needs to be changed.

Did the start of classes throw these guys off?

You know it gets harder for our guys, relatively, because they actually have to go to class and earn a degree?

I was so proud to hear Fitz reference his team's first priority as the classroom.

Seriously, if you heard his press conference last week, how many times have you heard a BIG coach refer to academics as the first priority?

Reactions: Noah121
My my. Tough game. In the past, we used to lose games like this. Any BIG team can go down against a MAC team in any given day. Hope we come out with a win and let this be a lesson for our young team.

Wow.... the BSU coach was not at all interested in hearing Pat's platitudes. Shook his hand and took off before Pat could pat him on the back. Kind of lame.

A Pyrrhic win, but a win nonetheless. Hope the team takes a day off and can heal up before Minnesota.

Wow.... the BSU coach was not at all interested in hearing Pat's platitudes. Shook his hand and took off before Pat could pat him on the back. Kind of lame.
I missed it. But the Cats are now 4-0 and have a chance to have a really good season. They need to harness the good that existed today and get rid of the TOs and they will be okay.

Who would have thought that we as an almost 20-pt favorite would end up winning by 5....BECAUSE they missed 2 FG's (plus a PAT)...oh well, we'll take it.

If you want to play that game we missed a FG too. We still win.

Who would have thought that we as an almost 20-pt favorite would end up winning by 5....BECAUSE they missed 2 FG's (plus a PAT)...oh well, we'll take it.

We missed a chip shot FG to - all the kicks go in and we still win. Closer than it should have been, thanks in part to the refs, but kudos to the coaches for some great adjustments at the half.

Pretty close game. We could use one or two of their big receivers.
If this team had Jordan Williams or Aaron Burbridge they would probably make it to the conference championship game. Vitale can get open occasionally and Shuler is fast but he is just not very reliable. CT should have had a 4th TD pass tonight but Shuler just let the ball go right through his hands.

The D still is not getting sacks. Sacks are mostly drive-killers. I expected the D line to dominate BSU. If BSU had a better kicking unit they would have left Evanston with the W.

Painfully tense game. Expect to see every team we play from this point forward focus on throwing jump balls to their tallest receiver. We had no answer for #8. Our pass rush was not nearly what I had hoped for and way too many of their runs got to the second level. This win was ugly on both sides of the ball but it was a win just the same.

If this was scored like a boxing match, I think Ball State would have won 3 out of the 4 quarters. We clearly won the 3rd but that was about it. On the positive side, we were able to sustain the drive in the 4th but not all of the way to the end zone.

Offensive line is a bigger question mark than before. Way too many bad snaps. We lost a critical play due to a bad snap fouling the timing of the quick slant throw.

Dropped passes continue to haunt us. Ball State dropped a pretty ugly one, too.

I am hoping that this game is a wake-up call and gives the coaches a lot of film they can use to motivate the players and show them how they cannot have bad games and expect to win. Right now, both Wisconsin and Iowa in the West look better than we do. Nebraska is unknown. In the East but on our schedule, Michigan looked scary today. Its a long season and hopefully we will be able to field a solid O-Line among the injuries.

If this team had Jordan Williams or Aaron Burbridge they would probably make it to the conference championship game. Vitale can get open occasionally and Shuler is fast but he is just not very reliable. CT should have had a 4th TD pass tonight but Shuler just let the ball go right through his hands.

The D still is not getting sacks. Sacks are mostly drive-killers. I expected the D line to dominate BSU. If BSU had a better kicking unit they would have left Evanston with the W.

Tried to recruit both those guys. Neither qualified academically. That's a significant problem amongst top-notch wideouts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT