ADVERTISEMENT

NU WLax vs UNC 2023

You realize that the ref has to check the stick the scorer uses to make sure it is legal.......

Huh? No idea. Why wouldn’t they check all the sticks at the beginning of the game?

And that being said, they slam the sticks down kind of like a bat flip. They’re certainly not handing them over the red for inspection.

Huh? No idea. Why wouldn’t they check all the sticks at the beginning of the game?

And that being said, they slam the sticks down kind of like a bat flip. They’re certainly not handing them over the red for inspection

Prior to them changing the rule (i.e. now checking after every goal with players immediately dropping the stick) some players (wink wink) were quite adept at slyly adjusting their strings to bring to pocket back to being legal after scoring.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
The women's game has progressed with improved stick technology. The new sticks allow pretty hard shots. NU shot a couple of "frees" without advancing. . Women's sticks do not have deep pockets, so they are checked after each shot to insure that the pockets remain legal. My son would always have his stick checked before a game, which made it less likely to be randomly checked during the game. Men's sticks have much deeper pockets , which helps maintain ball possession and improves passing/shooting accuracy. It was not uncommon for men to use cheat strings that could be pulled to make an illegal pocket "legal"

The fieldhouse looked great on TV. I saw some primitive seating behind one goal but what is the capacity. Are there balcony seats? I have only been in Ryan once and do not remember where spectators sit.

NU played great defense today, certainly more physical than used to be allowed. It was an entertaining game to watch

The women's game has progressed with improved stick technology. The new sticks allow pretty hard shots. NU shot a couple of "frees" without advancing. . Women's sticks do not have deep pockets, so they are checked after each shot to insure that the pockets remain legal. My son would always have his stick checked before a game, which made it less likely to be randomly checked during the game. Men's sticks have much deeper pockets , which helps maintain ball possession and improves passing/shooting accuracy. It was not uncommon for men to use cheat strings that could be pulled to make an illegal pocket "legal"

The fieldhouse looked great on TV. I saw some primitive seating behind one goal but what is the capacity. Are there balcony seats? I have only been in Ryan once and do not remember where spectators sit.

NU played great defense today, certainly more physical than used to be allowed. It was an entertaining game to watch

Definitely one of the most entertaining in a long time. The team this year appears to have all the pieces to make a strong run at the title - as this game clearly demonstrated. Izzy as a scoring machine, a deep attack unit with Izzy as an assist machine when doubled, tenacious D, shorthanded goal scoring, inspired goal keeping, senior leadership, etc. I thought the D played really soundly - especially when man down. Physical - yes, aggressive but also disciplined. A strong win over BC and NC, and a nail biter loss to begin the season against syracure and things are looking promising this season!

The only thing i worry about is draw control. Seemed like we had no response when NC ran off a run of 7-10 draw wins - some hustle loose ball scrambles by the NC middies, but also several technical problems as the draw play was blown dead and possession was repeatedly awarded to NC. At one point, i got despondent about our ability to win a draw but Laliberty came up with another amazing save and initiated a possession that ended with a fabulous score by Skane or Amonte. NC momentum stopped cold. Phew.

Go Cats!

At one point, i got despondent about our ability to win a draw but Laliberty came up with another amazing save and initiated a possession that ended with a fabulous score by Skane or Amonte. NC momentum stopped cold. Phew.

Go Cats!
Laliberty was the player of the game for me. She played her tail off.

Loved the behind the back goal -- saw it on Sports Center Top 10 last night...
Yep, it was incredible! So was the 1 player down goal. I've watched the highlight replays above about 10 times already, and I might not be finished yet! ;)

She actually had another behind the back one last year as well that also made Sportcenter.
There was a behind the back assist in that game too. Same player? No Chores …. You rewatched a dozen times by now. Can you fill us in on the details?

GOUNUII

There was a behind the back assist in that game too. Same player? No Chores …. You rewatched a dozen times by now. Can you fill us in on the details?

GOUNUII

Yes, same player.

Trust me on this. I'm FB friends with Erin's mom. You have no idea how many times I've seen her highlights lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT