ADVERTISEMENT

WLAX vs #12 Johns Hopkins 3/16

Alvious

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2010
Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Another sold out game at the Fieldhouse. Johns Hopkins is ranked #12 in the country, and their goaltender is former Northwestern keeper Madison Doucette. This is the Big Ten opener for the 'Cats.

A 6-0 1st quarter propelled the 'Cats to a 14-9 victory over Johns Hopkins. Izzy Scane lead all scorers with 7 goals. The 'Cats are now 8-1 on the season.

The wagon keeps rolling along.
Pardon my ignorance, is Izzy the best female lacrosse player ever? Top 5?

Reactions: No Chores
Not taking anything away from Izzy, but she might not be in the top 5 Northwestern players of all time. Hannah Nielsen and Kristen Kjellman each won multiple Tewaaraton Trophies. Shannon Smith won the Tewaaraton as well as Big Ten Athlete of the Year. Taylor Thornton also won Honda Player of the year. And I haven't even mentioned Selena Lasota yet. I'll let other more knowledgeable fans decide who is best, but it's not a cut and dry issue.

Reactions: DaCat and NJCat
I would certainly place her up there with Kjellman, Nielsen, and Smith. One rule change (since her predecessors played) that has helped her prodigious goals-scored numbers is the 90 second shot clock. The Cats used to employ their version of the four corners stall to protect their leads up until 2017. Coach Kelly herself didn't like to stall, but used it to great effect. And by doing so, probably hastened the arrival of the shot clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT