ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Maryland vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (12-4, 3-2 Big Ten) hosts Maryland (11-6, 3-3 Big Ten) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena, scheduled for an 8 pm tip. The game will air on BTN.

The Wildcats look to bounce back from a narrow road loss up in Madison and Maryland hopes to keep the momentum from their nine-point win in Champaign over Illinois.

Decent student crowd, but not packed yet. Retro night so the scoreboard is showing Welcome shots from the old board.

MD has a lefty. Not sure his number or play time, but he’s not bad unguarded.

Matt is working on a short left hookish shot in case we see him use it, he’s practicing.

Reactions: drewjin
Cats up 2 at the second commercial break. Neither team has found a rhythm yet. Buie and Borg have 3s.

Man Rutgers shoots fouls shots worse than NU. Game would have been over if they can make one.

Borg is the only one shooting with confidence. Plenty of good opportunities just not going in. Tied 23-23 with 3 minutes to go for those of you stuck on the Rutgers game.

Shooting woes for us. Amazing we have turned them over 10 times and are tied. Good sign for second half, though, where we should shoot better.

Watching Nicholson go high for that rebound...I was excited to see it, but it's so rare that it looked kinda funky.

(but it really made me smile)

Looks like Matt has a finger taped? He is so weak with grip for such a big guy.

It was cool how Julian Reese was allowed to drag his pivot foot halfway down the paint before he made the pass for that last Scott 3.
The crowd loved it almost as much as Hunger getting called for traveling earlier.

It was cool how Julian Reese was allowed to drag his pivot foot halfway down the paint before he made the pass for that last Scott 3.
There have been about 3-4 travels by Maryland not called. Students are letting the refs know.

• Angry
Pathetic officiating. I saw Reese throw himself into MN’s chest to get separation and a bucket. Also saw a Terp throw an elbow with bad intentions. Another no call. The no travel may have been the most egregious no call.

Officials have stolen a 12 point half time lead from the Cats.

GOUNUII

• Angry
Nice of Jahmir Young to wear those bright pink shoes so I always know where he is on the court.

Reactions: NUCat320
No Preston (or Mullins or Clayton) so far. Seven-man rotation today.

Hope we can continue with the aggressive game on the boards.

The new rule says you have to be established before the offensive player plants his foot. In practical terms, it adds the fraction of time the player has the foot planted before leaving the ground.
Oh ok - thanks. That is quite subtle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT