ADVERTISEMENT

Number of Comments on Offense vs Defense

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
Interesting to see how many more comments focus on offense vs defense. The story of the Iowa game was more about a defense that was steamrolled than an offense which came into the game very suspect. The OL of Iowa obliterated NU. I was shocked because I thought the heart and soul of this team was the front seven. We knew Thorson would have his bad days, the receivers were weak, etc., but we didn't know that the defense was this bad. They quit playing in the fourth quarter. Yet posters focus on McCall's game calling? We could have the second coming of Knute Rockne on the sidelines but it wouldn't matter when the NU players were being blasted into the second row.

Interesting to see how many more comments focus on offense vs defense. The story of the Iowa game was more about a defense that was steamrolled than an offense which came into the game very suspect. The OL of Iowa obliterated NU. I was shocked because I thought the heart and soul of this team was the front seven. We knew Thorson would have his bad days, the receivers were weak, etc., but we didn't know that the defense was this bad. They quit playing in the fourth quarter. Yet posters focus on McCall's game calling? We could have the second coming of Knute Rockne on the sidelines but it wouldn't matter when the NU players were being blasted into the second row.
Defenses don't play very well when they're on the field all the time. Two qb fumbles, an interception and 3 horrible punts gave the defense almost no chance. The offense sucked, period, and gave the defense nothing to work with. Did I mention the 3 and outs? And how many punts did we have in addition to the lousy ones?

No Chores I hear you and agree to a point but from where I was sitting, the Iowa OL dominated the entire game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT