ADVERTISEMENT

Official Beer

Yes. Bring back huge pee troughs or pee walls again because you need to drink a boat load of 3.2 beer to catch a buzz.

How about Natural Ice? A nasty beer for a nasty defense.
I don't really need to catch a buzz at the game I just like the taste of beer.

Smithwicks is #1. Anything from Two Brothers in Aurora IL. or Half Acre are a go.
Smithwicks on tap is far superior to bottled Smithwicks. The only problem with kegs of Smithwicks is that it only comes in 1/2 barrels but it does stay "fresh" for 3-4 months at 36*

Corona has signed a marketing agreement with the University of Texas to be the official beer of the Longhorns: "Horns Up, Limes In".

What would be an appropriate official beer for the Cats? Old Style is too easy. Back in my day it might have been Schlitz but I don't think that even exists anymore.

Ideas?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Fitzphile, don’t give up completely on the Gusto. Schlitz lives, and I am opening a bottle now. It’s no longer distributed nationally, but you’re in NC I think. The Schlitz website says you can get it in a couple of places in NC stores --- Greensboro (Food Lion) and Siler City (Piggly Wiggly). It is apparently still scarce in the South, but it’s definitely in Atlanta. The bottled version is, or at least was when reintroduced, the “1960’s Formula”. That no longer appears on the label as it did for a while. Maybe they decided it gave it too much of an old guy image. Here is an article from last summer:

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/pabst-reinventing-stroh-s-style-schlitz/305538/

I found another article about the Oasis purchase of Pabst, which had become the owner of Schlitz brands when it (Pabst) bought Stroh’s. Stroh’s had acquired Jos Schlitz Brewing Co after Schlitz had committed a version of corporate suicide. Stroll’s was a minnow swallowing an ailing whale; result was apparently terminal indigestion.

Oasis, which also has brewing operations in Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan, did not disclose the terms of the deal, except to say that the investment company TSG Consumer Partners has a minority stake.

Oasis said it will not change any of the Pabst brands.

"There are definitely NO plans to change any of the recipes of the brands," said an Oasis staffer, in an email to CNNMoney. "The entire team at Pabst including the Head Brewer Greg Deuhs will continue to focus on maintaining the classic recipes and consistent quality of all Pabst products. NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER."

Reactions: NUCat320 and NJCat
Corona has signed a marketing agreement with the University of Texas to be the official beer of the Longhorns: "Horns Up, Limes In".

What would be an appropriate official beer for the Cats? Old Style is too easy. Back in my day it might have been Schlitz but I don't think that even exists anymore.

Ideas?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

The official drink of Ryan Field is cold "hot chocolate" that is sold out by halftime.

Fitzphile, don’t give up completely on the Gusto. Schlitz lives, and I am opening a bottle now. It’s no longer distributed nationally, but you’re in NC I think. The Schlitz website says you can get it in a couple of places in NC stores --- Greensboro (Food Lion) and Siler City (Piggly Wiggly). It is apparently still scarce in the South, but it’s definitely in Atlanta. The bottled version is, or at least was when reintroduced, the “1960’s Formula”. That no longer appears on the label as it did for a while. Maybe they decided it gave it too much of an old guy image. Here is an article from last summer:

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/pabst-reinventing-stroh-s-style-schlitz/305538/

I found another article about the Oasis purchase of Pabst, which had become the owner of Schlitz brands when it (Pabst) bought Stroh’s. Stroh’s had acquired Jos Schlitz Brewing Co after Schlitz had committed a version of corporate suicide. Stroll’s was a minnow swallowing an ailing whale; result was apparently terminal indigestion.

Oasis, which also has brewing operations in Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan, did not disclose the terms of the deal, except to say that the investment company TSG Consumer Partners has a minority stake.

Oasis said it will not change any of the Pabst brands.

"There are definitely NO plans to change any of the recipes of the brands," said an Oasis staffer, in an email to CNNMoney. "The entire team at Pabst including the Head Brewer Greg Deuhs will continue to focus on maintaining the classic recipes and consistent quality of all Pabst products. NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER."

Thanks. I'll look for it over in GSO.

Ideas?

How about in keeping with NU's academic excellence we call it Budwiser?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT