ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Pinstripe vs Pitt

Pitt fan here - I want to say it is a privilege to play such a quality University. Nice job beating PS last year.
We have a special communal dislike of James Franklin, mostly stemming from his days at Vanderbilt and general used car salesman approach to recruiting (all apologies to those who actually sell quality pre-owned vehicles for a living).NU had a 4 game series scheduled with Vanderbilt, and after we won the first two, Franklin canceled the next game over the summer via fax. Something about scheduling, blah, blah, blah.

With regard to what transpired at PSU, there are at least a few of us, including yours truly, who feel that the program should have gotten the NCAA death penalty for its role in enabling child rape. Might as well shout at the wind, because we likely will never see another death penalty after SMU.

So James Franklin is the perfect villain for us at PSU. The foci for our animus is perfectly aligned. I will always root for Pitt vs. the Lions.

Last edited:
We have a special communal dislike of James Franklin, mostly stemming from his days at Vanderbilt and general used car salesman approach to recruiting (all apologies to those who actually sell quality pre-owned vehicles for a living).NU had a 4 game series scheduled with Vanderbilt, and after we won the first two, Franklin canceled the next game over the summer via fax. Something about scheduling, blah, blah, blah.

With regard to what transpired at PSU, there are at least a few of us, including yours truly, who feel that the program should have gotten the NCAA death penalty for its role in enabling child rape. Might as well shout at the wind, because we likely will never see another death penalty after SMU.

So James Franklin is the perfect villain for us at PSU. The foci for our animus is perfectly aligned. I will always root for Pitt vs. the Lions.

Judging by the largely quiet NCAA response to reports of widespread sexual assault at Baylor and widespread academic fraud at North Cheatolina, it appears we might see few penalties of any kind.

Reactions: Piranha

Would it be too much publicity for PSU of both fan bases organized a PSU protest at the joint bowl? Dozens of PSU sucks banners all over the stadium?

Reactions: Piranha
OMG. What a freaking pleasure it is to have classy fans stop by the msg board. What a contrast to the insufferable Volunteers. Regarding the matchup I like the challenge. While it's true we should be 8-4 this year, the opening line is a head scratcher. But I love challenges as do the 'Cats!

But again, really love the Polite Pitt Posters so far. Hopefully we'll have some good discussions in the coming weeks. We may not even need Football Phil.

Pitt fan here excited to be playing a classy program like Northwestern. You beat out my alma mater for the Rose Bowl in 1995, and I always appreciated that since I was never a fan of Ohio State.

I still remember the Wildcats' 2000 season in the spread and beating Michigan, 55-54.

Pitt fans know a little about academics taking precedent over football. The university pulled the plug on football in 1990 and we had a decade of God-awful football teams.

Here's to a memorable game!

Pitt may have pulled the plug on the football team, but they didn't ramp up the team's academic success back then. Graduation rates were abysmal. Players I knew in the biology department would tell me stories about the apathy towards academics at that time. Lots of future bouncers and car dealers in the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT