ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, well...

On behalf of GCG...

No
I believe he can, if he fires JON this week. It appears that Fitz has now said to JON, pretend you are Hank, and so he tried, but what does JON bring to the game?. You know, the defense overall played damn well today, but if you cannot stop the big play, you are toast. He was hired to be at least as good as Hank, wasn't he?

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
I believe he can, if he fires JON this week. It appears that Fitz has said to JON, pretend you are Hank, and so he tried, bit what does JON bring to the game?. You know, the defense overall played damn well today, but if you cannot stop the big play, you are toast. He was hired to be at least as good as Hank, wasn't he?
As many have stated the game is past fits by and he is not the coach we need

I believe he can, if he fires JON this week. It appears that Fitz has now said to JON, pretend you are Hank, and so he tried, but what does JON bring to the game?. You know, the defense overall played damn well today, but if you cannot stop the big play, you are toast. He was hired to be at least as good as Hank, wasn't he?
I'm assuming he was hired to not be a threat to Fitz.

Reactions: NUCat320
And you are a winner defending this deplorable state of football that we are stuck with
I am a fan who understands football, appreciates what Fitz has accomplished for the program and knows how incredibly hard it would be for NU to attract another HC who could match or exceed what Fitz brings to the table for NU.

LOL, this a new one. First Fitz is too arrogant and complacent and now he hires bad assistants because he is concerned about his job security. Which is it because both things

LOL, this a new one. First Fitz is too arrogant and complacent and now he hires bad assistants because he is concerned about his job security. Which is it because both things can't be true?
I didn't offer two theories.

JON was hired because Fitz knew him and they were close on Walk's staff. It doesn't sound like we cast too wide a net; it was a nepotistic hire.

There's no reason to read too much into it beyond it being a nepotistic hire.

No DC is ever going to overshadow Fitz or be a threat to Fitz. Hank was one of the best DCs while he was here and he didn't overshadow Fitz.

Reactions: corbi296
I am a fan who understands football, appreciates what Fitz has accomplished for the program and knows how incredibly hard it would be for NU to attract another HC who could match or exceed what Fitz brings to the table for NU.
well Barnett came and so did Walker. Next?

Reactions: drewjin
Back when we had no money, no facilities and a terrible history. Now we are spending 1B on athletics, pretty sure they can afford the MAC or Sun Belt COTY and they will come.
You guys have no idea just how hard it is to win at NU in today’s NCAA environment. Sure, someone will come. The questions you should be asking is will that person be able to replicate Fitz’s long term success on and off the field and will that person stay at NU long term. if he/she does. Finding the person to which you could answer yes to both of those questions would be incredibly hard in my opinion.

You guys have no idea just how hard it is to win at NU in today’s NCAA environment. Sure, someone will come. The questions you should be asking is will that person be able to replicate Fitz’s long term success on and off the field and will that person stay at NU long term. if he/she does. Finding the person to which you could answer yes to both of those questions would be incredibly hard in my opinion.
really shouldn't care if that person stays at NU for the long term. Just turn around the loser atmosphere now headed by Fitz.

really shouldn't care if that person stays at NU for the long term. Just turn around the loser atmosphere now headed by Fitz.
Ok, whatever you say Wily. I do care and so do a lot of other people.

Has today’s NCAA environment passed Fitz by? NU has two conference wins in the NIL era, after all.

Nobody is asking even to return to 2018/20 levels. We are all scared shitless that Fitz won't change, that we will be resigned to irrelevance - again - and nothing will be done.

In short, it's NOT hard to go 2-10 at NU.

Nobody is asking even to return to 2018/20 levels. We are all scared shitless that Fitz won't change, that we will be resigned to irrelevance - again - and nothing will be done.

In short, it's NOT hard to go 2-10 at NU.
Just foolish talk. FItz is stubborn but he isn’t dumb and he hates the losing more than you or I do.

Last edited:
Just foolish talk. FItz is stubborn but he isn’t dumb and he hates the losing more than you ot I do.
He waited for years to get rid of McCall (at no great improvement).. What's to say he won't keep JON that long...unless you are one of those people that thinks JON just "needs more time". If that's the case, we don't really need to continue the dialogue.

In short, I am not confident that he can or will adjust

He waited for years to get rid of McCall (at no great improvement).. What's to say he won't keep JON that long...unless you are one of those people that thinks JON just "needs more time". If that's the case, we don't really need to continue the dialogue.

In short, I am not confident that he can or will adjust
He waited years to get rid of a coach who helped him win almost 40 games over a span of the previous 4 years? Do you hear yourself talk? It’s just silly nonsense talk. If Fitz wins 40 games with O’Neil as DC then I agree it’s unlikely O’Neil gets fired. Since what has happened to date is quite the opposite and I don’t envision NU ever winning 40 games over 4 years with O’Neil as DC, I am pretty confident O’Neil won’t be the DC at NU for much longer.

He waited years to get rid of a coach who helped him win almost 40 games over a span of the previous 4 years? Do you hear yourself talk? It’s just silly nonsense talk. If Fitz wins 40 games with O’Neil as DC then I agree it’s unlikely O’Neil gets fired. Since what has happened to date is quite the opposite and I don’t envision NU ever winning 40 games over 4 years with O’Neil as DC, I am pretty confident O’Neil won’t be the DC at NU for much longer.
I really hope you’re right. There needs to be a major shakeup by Fitz. Not only in his coaching staff, but also in how he approaches todays game. I know he hates to lose and that he loves NU just as much or more than anyone. I just hope he’s not so stubborn as to think he can continue to do things the way they’re being done and try to prove to everyone he can win doing it this way. Like you said, he’s not dumb. But, he’s pretty stubborn and arrogant.

Reactions: NUCats and corbi296
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT