ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State vs. Northwestern: What Simulation Will be More Accurate?

What simulated score will be more accurate?

• Ohio State 62, Northwestern 17

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Ohio State 27, Northwestern 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ohio State 41, Northwestern 10

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Ohio State 49, Northwestern 6

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Ohio State will win, but by much smaller margin than these

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All wrong, because the Wildcats will reign!

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ohiovalleycat

Oct 7, 2007
I happened to come across some posted videos simulating the Ohio State game, along a simulation generator. There is significant variation in how these simulations think the game is going to go. A video simulation from August has the game going 62-17 Buckeyes with the game being close (31-17) in the middle of the 3rd Quarter then the Buckeyes pulling away after stopping the Wildcats on a 4th-and-goal at the 2-yard line:

A video simulation posted earlier today still has the Buckeyes winning but in more of defensive struggle (relatively speaking) 27-3:

A video simulation posted yesterday has the Buckeyes winning 41-10:

A game simulation generator run right now has it Buckeyes 49-6:

There are some other simulations out there, but unfortunately, nothing I seen predicts a Wildcat victory.

I happened to come across some posted videos simulating the Ohio State game, along a simulation generator. There is significant variation in how these simulations think the game is going to go. A video simulation from August has the game going 62-17 Buckeyes with the game being close (31-17) in the middle of the 3rd Quarter then the Buckeyes pulling away after stopping the Wildcats on a 4th-and-goal at the 2-yard line:

A video simulation posted earlier today still has the Buckeyes winning but in more of defensive struggle (relatively speaking) 27-3:

A video simulation posted yesterday has the Buckeyes winning 41-10:

A game simulation generator run right now has it Buckeyes 49-6:

There are some other simulations out there, but unfortunately, nothing I seen predicts a Wildcat victory.
I have zero idea I. what universe Northwestern Holds Ohio State to 27 points short of another literally Hurricane or blizzard. Maybe if every quarterback on the roster, including the walk ons, get poisoned in a position meeting tomorrow and are having their stomach pumped, except even then I’m pretty sure they could just triple option us too 40 points.

Maybe the computer simulated game that predicted a 27-3 Ohio State victory knew it would be a soggy, windy day in Evanston.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT