ADVERTISEMENT

OMG! Wildcats up to 42 in KenPom rankings! We are going dancing for sure!

Dang! We did this without my beloved Jordan Ash! What’s is the world coming to? I thought Greer looked good.
Dancing ahead of who? The Big Ten will get 7 teams in. Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, ODU, Indiana, Nebraska, Iowa or Minny. And before you get to far out on the limb, remember you get a MSU and Michigan right off the bat when you go back into Big play. That makes you 0-4, while still having at least 8 if not ten real tough games. Good luck. And in reality, who have you played in non conference that would be considered a top level team. No Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, Kansas, Marquette, Notre Dame, Butler, UCLA or anybig time programs. Now you do get Oklahoma, but as a rule Northwestern plays a very soft schedule.

Dancing ahead of who? The Big Ten will get 7 teams in. Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, ODU, Indiana, Nebraska, Iowa or Minny. And before you get to far out on the limb, remember you get a MSU and Michigan right off the bat when you go back into Big play. That makes you 0-4, while still having at least 8 if not ten real tough games. Good luck. And in reality, who have you played in non conference that would be considered a top level team. No Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, Kansas, Marquette, Notre Dame, Butler, UCLA or anybig time programs. Now you do get Oklahoma, but as a rule Northwestern plays a very soft schedule.

Big Ten more likely to get 8+ teams in as opposed to "only" 7

Big Ten more likely to get 8+ teams in as opposed to "only" 7
Only going to get 7, ACC will get 8 and maybe 9 because they are the pride of ESPN. If we are fortunate to get 8, that still leaves Northwestern at 9 or 10. Realistically NU loses to Michigan again, 2 to MSU, at least one to OSU and probably 2 if they play twice, again to IU as we are getting healthier finally, lose to Wisky however many times they play, same with Nebraska and at least one to Minny and Purdue for sure. That means at least to to 11 losses in big ten at least plus the two they have. The Big is loaded this year, NU has a nice team but they do not have enough to compete with at least the top 8 teams.

Only going to get 7, ACC will get 8 and maybe 9 because they are the pride of ESPN. If we are fortunate to get 8, that still leaves Northwestern at 9 or 10. Realistically NU loses to Michigan again, 2 to MSU, at least one to OSU and probably 2 if they play twice, again to IU as we are getting healthier finally, lose to Wisky however many times they play, same with Nebraska and at least one to Minny and Purdue for sure. That means at least to to 11 losses in big ten at least plus the two they have. The Big is loaded this year, NU has a nice team but they do not have enough to compete with at least the top 8 teams.
Don't be so sure about beating NU at NU, if your team thinks like you do we'll probably win by double digits.

Reactions: drewjin
Don't be so sure about beating NU at NU, if your team thinks like you do we'll probably win by double digits.
First of all, NU does not beat any real team by double digits. That is why they have such a weak non conference schedule. Second of all, we will be back to total health, and with our stars, I have no doubt we win. .

OMG! We can win the BT!

OMG! We can win the BT!
Dilution also. You have a good football program. Your b-ball program is not even in the same sentence. One example, in the Big Ten-ACC challenge, NU always plays a bottom end team from the ACC. You will never play Duke, North Carolina, Virginia. NU never gets a prime time game in that challenge. There is a reason for that. Historically, like our football program, you guys have been one of the worst programs in the country. Just a plain fact. You have gotten better over the last 5 to 7 years, but you are still a lower level programbin the Big Ten. Again, just factual

I guess we Cats are just dilutional. I actually thought I saw a score where IU beat us by just 2 on their court. Not to say we are a power programbin yet but but Collins is building one.

I guess we Cats are just dilutional. I actually thought I saw a score where IU beat us by just 2 on their court. Not to say we are a power programbin yet but but Collins is building one.
Collins will be gone to Duke very shortly, could be at end of this year if Duke wins national title. NU will not be able to offer enough money to keep him there. Duke is his dream job. Book it

Some have said up to ten bigten teams. Granted, a weak schedule isnt condusive to dancing so we better beat Oklahoma first.

Collins will be gone to Duke very shortly, could be at end of this year if Duke wins national title. NU will not be able to offer enough money to keep him there. Duke is his dream job. Book it

What in the world are you talking about? Coach K has no plans to retire, and Duke can have their absolute pick of coaches if he does. Don't even think CCC makes the top-10 of contenders with his current resume...

Dilution also. You have a good football program. Your b-ball program is not even in the same sentence. One example, in the Big Ten-ACC challenge, NU always plays a bottom end team from the ACC. You will never play Duke, North Carolina, Virginia. NU never gets a prime time game in that challenge. There is a reason for that. Historically, like our football program, you guys have been one of the worst programs in the country. Just a plain fact. You have gotten better over the last 5 to 7 years, but you are still a lower level programbin the Big Ten. Again, just factual

How did that Duke game work out for you?

How did that Duke game work out for you?
We got beat, but it was us playing them , not you guys. It was us playing them and North Carolina and Virginia over the last years, not you guys. NU always get a bottom of the barrel cross over game in the Big and ACC challenge. ESPN is not interested in a high level ACC team playing NU. Facts. And this elevates our SOS greatly.

Gosh, might as well call it quits on the season!

We got beat, but it was us playing them , not you guys. It was us playing them and North Carolina and Virginia over the last years, not you guys. NU always get a bottom of the barrel cross over game in the Big and ACC challenge. ESPN is not interested in a high level ACC team playing NU. Facts. And this elevates our SOS greatly.
I hate to feed the troll but you didn't get beat, you got pummeled. And you being in the top level B1G\ACC games is not because of anything you've done on the court in the last 15 years, it's because of the tradition of IU basketball.

At least you finally have a guy who can coach a little bit. Crean trying to figure out the Syracuse 2-3 zone was an ugly thing to watch. As for Collins leaving, he'll be with NU longer than Langford will be with you guys.

I hate to feed the troll but you didn't get beat, you got pummeled. And you being in the top level B1G\ACC games is not because of anything you've done on the court in the last 15 years, it's because of the tradition of IU basketball.
Good point, and yes you are reinforcing my point. We have history, tradition, national titles but not in a while, one of top six or seven winning programs in history of college b-ball. And we are on way back, now getting top talent again. We are getting best players from Indiana, again. Yes we only beat you by two points earlier, but we also had seven players out. NU has gotten better, but they still sit behind 8 to 9 teams at least in the Big.? Your football program is solid, but your b-ball program is still a bottom level Big Ten program. Again just the facts

Good point, and yes you are reinforcing my point. We have history, tradition, national titles but not in a while, one of top six or seven winning programs in history of college b-ball. And we are on way back, now getting top talent again. We are getting best players from Indiana, again. Yes we only beat you by two points earlier, but we also had seven players out. NU has gotten better, but they still sit behind 8 to 9 teams at least in the Big.? Your football program is solid, but your b-ball program is still a bottom level Big Ten program. Again just the facts

Maybe so, but we shall see. That's why they play the games. As far as injuries, Northwestern has had a litany of them over the years. Them's the breaks.

Your parents let you stay up past your bedtime to watch?
Well, this was your statement game. You know, we win this and we are in the dance. So, sure I asked if I could stay up and watch Northwestern lose again. So no big wins, a weak overall non conference schedule, and oh boy, you could be 0-4 maybe 0-5 to start Big Ten season.

Well, this was your statement game. You know, we win this and we are in the dance. So, sure I asked if I could stay up and watch Northwestern lose again. So no big wins, a weak overall non conference schedule, and oh boy, you could be 0-4 maybe 0-5 to start Big Ten season.

What are you babbling about? You know you've been trading posts with Wrassler, correct? You know who he is, correct? You're a reg here, so I know you know that no one takes Wrassler's posts seriously...except you, I guess...

I wish he wasn’t a reg here. Condescension should be his handle.
Not condescending, just pointing out facts. Your b-ball program is like our football program. We struggle like hell to get up to maybe the ninth or eighth best team and program in Big Ten football, and once in a great while we may get there. And we have one of worst programs in the history of power five football. You can not dispute the fact that in the history of college b-ball and Big Ten b-ball, NU has been one of the worst. And, except for one, repeat one, NU b-ball has struggled to not finish at or near the bottom of the Big Ten. Those are undisputed facts. Even with better talent, the only teams you are ahead of this year are Rutgers, Illinois, and Penn State. And your Big Ten season could be basically done after your first two to three games back right after the New year. I accept the fact our football program gets ripped. It should. Your b-ball program is like our football program. Numbers speak for themselves, and those cannot be changed

Not condescending, just pointing out facts.

Your combination of trolling and smack talking on a Northwestern hoops board is pretty sad. I’m sure there are other programs that haven’t advanced beyond the Sweet 16 since 2002 you could troll.

Your combination of trolling and smack talking on a Northwestern hoops board is pretty sad. I’m sure there are other programs that haven’t advanced beyond the Sweet 16 since 2002 you could troll.
You are right, but we have advanced pass the sweet 16 many, many, many times with five national titles countless final fours and championship games. NU, wit 1trip to ncaa and out in round two. Still looking for sweet 16, elite 8’s, final fours, national title games and championships for NU. Right, NU has never ever been there. And you are still not on anyone’s national radar. Again, just plain facts. And after your loss to Oklahoma, you are. Ok only ahead in standings of Rutgers, Illinois, and ZPenn State, again just plain fact

You are right, but we have advanced pass the sweet 16 many, many, many times with five national titles countless final fours and championship games. NU, wit 1trip to ncaa and out in round two. Still looking for sweet 16, elite 8’s, final fours, national title games and championships for NU. Right, NU has never ever been there. And you are still not on anyone’s national radar. Again, just plain facts. And after your loss to Oklahoma, you are. Ok only ahead in standings of Rutgers, Illinois, and ZPenn State, again just plain fact

I’m not a Northwestern fan so don’t direct your flaming at me. I just come here for the occasional intelligent discussion which you are ruining. I kinda suspect IU has not won a national title in your lifetime.

(My team does just fine by whatever measure you want to flame on about)

Kenpom dropped to 45! We lost to three top 25 ranked Kenpom teams. If we won those three we would be top five Kenpom right now. We need Jordan Ash healthy to make a run in the Kenpom and Big Ten!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT